Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow triger ?

Old 06-06-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Bow triger ?

I got a lower end of the line triger for my bow last year and i have use it alot but the last two time's i,veuse it missed fire first time i ajusted the triger shot it for about a hour then put it away. today shout it few time's it missed fire after a few shot's then i wouldn't then it would a few shot's later i didn't have my allen wrench with me too ajust it .I'm thinking that my triger is going out and i need a new one or is this something that happen to all triger's after a wile or another case of you get what you pay for ?
thanks for any info
Old 06-06-2005, 02:08 PM

Default RE: Bow triger ?

If I am reading your post correctly, you saying that your release will missfire every so often without you hitting the trigger, if that is the case you need to get rid of it and get yourself a good release because it shouldn't missfire. Oh ya proper grammer and wording helps not to start anything or offend you because we all make mistakes but your post is hard to understand.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thunk he write it real real good. Some person thank to much about grammar and proper schooling.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:38 PM

MOTOWNHONKEY - you are a wealth of knowledge, I'm certain that kerr73 can take your advice and quickly correct his archery problems.

frickin idiot

kerr73 - If you keep your finger behind the trigger until you're ready to shoot and the release goes off anyway - throw it in the garbage. Even the cheap Cobra calibper releases are good release. You could have the set screw too hair triggered. Do this - clip it to the string and put just a little pressure, then place your finger on the trigger. How much pressure does it take to release ?

I hair triggered my releases, but not somuch they'd fire on the own. Could be a trigger problem - trash it if it is
Old 06-06-2005, 04:34 PM

Thank for the info . i was think it was time for a new release when it was doing that
Old 06-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Datamax (a.k.a tough guy ) speak when your spoken to!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:37 PM

Datamax (a.k.a tough guy ) speak when your spoken to!
Uh .... yeah, okay, if you say so ...

Wait, did I just speak again to you ? Why, yes, I did just speak to you again. Fancy that huh ?
Old 06-07-2005, 10:31 AM

kerr73,

I shot a $24 Cobra for about ten years with no problems. I recently bought a Tru-fire that only cost $18 at Dick's Sporting Goods. This Tru-fire is really smooth, I have fired it maybe 2000 times without any trouble, so I would say that yours is either broken or the trigger is set too fine like someone else said.

Hope this helps. Kev
Old 06-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

dont know the brand of my trigger,
it was a basic lowend model,
Maybe $15-$20 range,
but in 3 yrs whether in the field or at the range, has never misfired, never had to make any adjustment, other than the initial adjustment,

you may have a defective release,
use it as a paperweight and get another,
Old 06-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Datamax gave some good advice on keeping your finger behind the trigger until you are ready to shoot. I use to do the same thing, and had to train myself not to. Too many years of finger release I guess.