Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Don't know who to blame but I will find out >

Don't know who to blame but I will find out

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Don't know who to blame but I will find out

Old 06-02-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Don't know who to blame but I will find out

I posted the other day that my Parker bow's top limb broke while I was practicing.I call Parker about the warrenty and they say it's all good and they will replace both limbs but I have to take it to the nearest dealer so I go to where I bought it in Chesterfield VA and give them the bow to fix and specifically stated "Parker said they will replace both limbs".Dealer calls Parker while I'm there and confirms over the phone they will replace both limbs.I got the bow back today and guess what ONLY THE BROKEN LIMB WAS REPLACED.I put a distictive mark on my lower limb so I know for fact I will be raising hell tommorow.Anybody want to buy a Parker?

Chris
Old 06-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Don't know who to blame but I will find out

Nope! I have heard to many horror stories about them!
Old 06-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe it wasn't Parker that screwed you over. Your dealer certainly didn't have to send the bow to Parker. Maybe he only replaced the one that was broken and kept the other new one. I suggest you call parker and speak to them to find out just how many limbs were sent to your dealer for your bow and if two limbs were ordered.

Parker has given me nothing but exceptional service any time I needed to deal with them in any way.

I had a limb crack and they told me the same thing they told you about replacing both limbs and needing to take it to a dealer. I was working for a small pro shop that didn't deal in Parker so I called the closest one that did. They said they would order me the limbs and I would have them in a couple of days. Well after about a week and a half I still had no limbs. Come to find out the dealer never did order my limbs. I called up Parker and they had me two new limbs at that dealers shop for me to pick up two days later.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Give'em hell sirchance!

Not really, but it is fun to say.

Give'em hell sirchance!

Heads will role!
Old 06-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same thing happened to a guy that I hunt with. Only the top got replaced.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Fork Horn

elkcrazy I read your signature line and would like to personally invite you to come to my house for high stakes poker!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 06:00 AM

I agree with bigbulls, the dealer screwed you, not parker. I would suggest another brand of bow. Parker is just the flavor of the month. Go with a long time bow like a fred bear product or as much as I hate to say it a hoyt.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:05 AM

I tend to agree that it was the dealer who screwed you and not parker. The jerk likely billed parker for the full job and only did half the work figuring no one whould know. I'd personally call Parker and let them know only half the job was completed and then I'd call and rip someone a new hole at the shop. That's BS and I certainly would not accept that sort of halfass service without making some waves!
Old 06-03-2005, 06:10 AM

send them an email and include a link to this thread.

Parker, like all companies, hate public bashing of their products !
Old 06-03-2005, 06:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would definitely contact Parker directly to see what transpired. Though Parker isn't a huge company I could definitely believe that whoever you talked to on the phone was not necessarily the person that processed the order. In any case I would try to gather all the facts before coming any conclusions. Give 'em a chance.

Quick Reply: Don't know who to blame but I will find out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.