Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Unbelievable ethics >

Unbelievable ethics

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Unbelievable ethics

Old 06-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Unbelievable ethics

I was at a function recently and talking with a friend. He introduced me to a friend, and as usual the talk quickly went to hunting, bowhunting.
I live on the Indiana/Illinois line. I'm in IN, he was from IL.
He told me of a time when he went out hunting with 5 arrows and arrowed 5 does as they passed by.
Some he said were clean pass-throughs, and others he said he saw running off with shafts sticking out.
He then said, if he found more deer than he had tags, he could go purchase more, since you have 48 hours (I think he said) to check them in. I don't know IL laws, so I'm just repeating his words.
Obviously, he didn't expect to find all 5 deer and check them all in.
The worst part of the story was, he told me that he couldn't find any of them.

I was so taken back, and with his friend there too, I couldn't say a word.
I've heard of guys poaching a bunch of deer, but at least they got the deer.
In my mind this is the worst of the worst...to shoot each deer that walks by and then not find any.

Not to brag, but I've never shot a deer that I didn't recover, no matter how long it took me.
Hope I don't eat those words.
But I would never shoot multiple deer at the same time.
How could you not find 5 shot deer? The woods should have looked like a blood bath.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:17 PM

Default RE: Unbelievable ethics

If I was in the same situation, I'd report this guy after breaking his nose.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

jeese... that's not cool. alot of states don't even allow you to shoot more than one deer. i'm pretty sure Ky is like that. or you have to check one in before you go back out. i'm not entirely sure though. but 5 deer and not find one. i would think that it would be one thing to shoot one and see it go down and before you go to it have another walk by but to just shoot 5 and not find one of them. that's a bit screwed up.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sorry but if this guy is serious he needs to be reported and barred from hunting forever.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:28 PM

Accually KY you can tag out in one day! You have 2 tags and can shoot 2 deer, but you better not be back in the woods after that unless you purchase bonus tags. Regardless, that is not sound judgement. I have shot deer that I have been unable to recover (just one). I felt horrible for not being able to recover it. It made me wait a little longer for more precise shot placement though so I took it as a learning experience. I cannot fathom shooting 5 deer in 1 hunt and not recovering 1 of them though!
Old 06-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont know what i would say to him or do to him, thats just not right at all. thats the kinda people that give hunters bad names
Old 06-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here in Texas the parks & wildlife dept. has a hotline called Operation Game Thief. I would call them in a heartbeat if I ever found out about something like that going on, even if it were months later. Maybe a visit by a warden would have an effect on his methods. IMO he is not a hunter he is a hemmoroid.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:54 PM

This guy needs to find a new sport to boost his ego. I would have ended up in a real situation with this guy. Just pray that they are far and few between!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats sad. TURN HIM IN[:@]
Old 06-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Dominant Buck

I have no problem with him shooting 5 deer in one hunt if it's legal. This fall I plan on shooting 6 in one morning. I, on the other, plan on recovering all six and donating them.

Quick Reply: Unbelievable ethics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.