HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What about two open eyes (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/10166-what-about-two-open-eyes.html)

hill runner 09-19-2002 07:06 PM

What about two open eyes

tonight while I was putting some arrows in the 3-d. My peep sight tube broke. I still have some daylight left so I started shooting with booth eyes open, other than bring the shot groups a bit the the left it didn't effect me that much. I was just wondering if any of you shoot with two open eyes and the effect it has on you?

Deleted User 09-19-2002 07:12 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

gurubbi 09-19-2002 07:24 PM

RE: What about two open eyes

i had a tube sight and just recently switched from one..... i always shot with both eyes... it's just something you have to get used to..... if you see double sight then use the one on the left if you shoot right and visa versa if you shoot left.... my groups are a lil tighter and i get "the whole picture" so it's easier to hone in on the target... In all it just takes a lil practice and gettin used to......

Knuckles up>>> Brian

fletchdp 09-19-2002 07:27 PM

Some of the best shooters I know shoot with both eyes open. I think if your dominant eye is behind the peep you should try it. For this reason not all of us can do it... I would have thought it would make low light shooting easier but that's an interesting comment...Fletch

KEEP THE WIND IN YOUR FACE.... FLETCH

CLOUD 9, MN 09-19-2002 07:39 PM

I think two eyes open is the only way to go for "hunting". Your feild of veiw is dramatically bigger and clearer. As long as you always shoot both eyes open, accuracy is not a problem.

PRACTICE....PRACTICE....PRACTICE......SUCCESS!

Woodline Bucks 09-19-2002 08:04 PM

I think both eyes open will improve your shooting and your hunting experiences.

Belle Island 09-19-2002 08:16 PM

Both eyes open also alows you to watch your arrow strike its target.

Hunt the thickets

tbone3332000 09-19-2002 08:16 PM

i had a friend that told me to try it and i did. it improved my groups a lot. it brings in more light and i could see the target better in low light.the army taught me to shoot a m-16 with both eyes open and i didnt think about it untill my friend told me to shoot my bow that way.it took a few days of practice to get use to it ,but as i said above it made a world of difference in my shooting.

tracey moore

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-19-2002 08:24 PM

IF you shooting to your correct dominant eye, ALL shooting coaches will teach/suggest you shoot with both eyes open. The same goes for rifle iron sights, rifle scopes, shotgunning, etc....

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>

TFOX 09-19-2002 10:22 PM

Good point Rob,the dominant eye is the key.Both eyes open is best but if your not using your dominant eye or have your bow matched up to your dominant eye,it could be very difficult to shoot this way.

It does help in low light a tremendous amount when eveything is set up right.It also helps on those really close shots that you can't see anything but hair in the peep.Both eyes open will allow you to put the pin where it belongs on these kinds of shots.

I know if your not used to it ,it is difficult but like anything else.Change may be for the better but takes some practice to master.