Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
CBS REPORTS    ARROW IN HEAD >

CBS REPORTS ARROW IN HEAD

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

CBS REPORTS ARROW IN HEAD

Old 09-19-2002, 10:21 AM

Default CBS REPORTS ARROW IN HEAD

CBS REPORTS THAT A 9 YEAR OLD GIRL WAS HIT IN THE HEAD BY A ARROW BY A 10 YEAR OLD BOY SHOOTING HIS BOW ON THE OTHER SIDE ON THE FANCE WHEN HE MISSED HIS TARGET AND WENT TREW A CRACK IN THE FANCE HITTING HER IN THE HEAD..... OUCH ... I LIKE EVERYONE TO HAVE 3 SEC OF QUITE FOR HER WHEN U READ THIS .......

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS I AM NOT RE WRITEING IT .....

AL BOWMANSVILLE
Old 09-19-2002, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CBS REPORTS ARROW IN HEAD

Hit in the head....injury or death? I feel bad either way. Where were the parents? There has to be more to this story.

Old 09-19-2002, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Man that is heart breaking, I hope she is okay. That is one thing we all need to be very aware of, how safe is your back drop? I practice outside my fence shooting downhill parrelell to the fence with a creek bank behind my target. We may all want to re-evaluate our practice areas.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 09-19-2002, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

You said it all Taz, and I hope she is alright.

Old 09-19-2002, 01:33 PM

Hope she is okay. I too wonder where the parents were. I'm sure there are some 10 year old that are taught how to be safe and responsible with a bow, but they are still 10 year olds. Would like to hear the whole story.

--Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs--
Old 09-19-2002, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Something just doesn't sound right here. Think of the odds. 10 year old, shooting a bow WITH BROADHEADS on it, apparently unsupervised, and shoots an arrow perfectly through a crack in the fence WITH A BROADHEAD ON IT. I can't even shoot an arrow through a crack in the fence in my yard if I tried. Unless it is a huge crack (maybe missing a board) I don't think a broadhead tipped arrow would pass through the crack. And I certainly don't think his bow would have been powerful enough to go through the wood.

If it is true, then I hope she is ok, but it doesn't sound 100% legit to me.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:18 PM
Banned

WEll he never said it had a broad head on it, field tips can go through someones head!! well i hope she turns out alright.

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
Old 09-19-2002, 06:23 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-19-2002, 06:26 PM

My 6 yr old goes out and practices by himself in the back yard. I dont think a parent has to be there all the time. Some of his best practice is when I leave him alone. In early spring we did move our practice lanes after spotting the neibor behind us had put in a trampoline, we could just barely make out the kids jumping thru the trees. But I do hope she is alright.
Old 09-19-2002, 06:51 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: CBS REPORTS ARROW IN HEAD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.