Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A very dissapointing morning. >

A very dissapointing morning.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A very dissapointing morning.

Old 05-15-2005, 03:18 PM

Default A very dissapointing morning.

So I haven't had a chance to shoot my bow since the end of the 2004 later archery season, though I do draw the bow every day or every other day just to keep my arm and shoulder in shape. Around noon today I decide that it's nice enough outside that I might go shoot for a bit. I walk into my room where I've got my bow laying on my desk. I pick it up and immediately notice something is wrong. My string is laying flat on my desk, not up in the air in between my cams like it should be. Upon closer inspection I see that at some point between yesterday and today the string snapped underneath the serving material around the cam of my bow.

Both points of the break.

Can anyone suggest a good, quality string manufacturer to replace my string?
Old 05-15-2005, 03:20 PM

Default RE: A very dissapointing morning.

I have heard Winner's choice makes a good string. The string is expensive though. I would recommend you take your bow to the shop and have them check it over just to make sure everything is ok.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:37 PM

Zak, I'm not too worried about the cost of a replacement string. As long as it is higher quality than the crappy Zebra string Martin put on it I think I'll be ok. As for taking it to a shop, I've checked the bow over so far and there aren't any cracks on the limbs, nothing seems to be out of whack. I'm not going to waste the money right now just to have them tell me what I already know. I'll have it checked out better when I have the string replaced.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

maybe just a touch more of manitence could prevent such occurences. Or maybe a mouse or rat decided to have a bow string for a snack.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:45 PM

I doubt any amount of maintanance I hadn't already been doing could have prevented this considering it occured underneath the serving material directly on the cam.

We've got a rodent free household so I doubt anything was 'snacking' on my string.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea...... I heard the winner choice strings are good.. Or the new barricuda strings but they are the same company as the zebra strings.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:41 PM

I just switched from a zebra to a WC this year. IMO the WC is well worth the extra money; SO FAR.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:48 PM

Good thing it happened when you weren't shooting it. Count your blessings 'cause that could have gotten ugly in a hurry.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I want gibblet to make my next set. Find him.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good thing it happened when you weren't shooting it. Count your blessings 'cause that could have gotten ugly in a hurry.

I agree

Quick Reply: A very dissapointing morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.