HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Time for new 3D target....Glen Del buck any good? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/100305-time-new-3d-target-glen-del-buck-any-good.html)

Mike from Texas 05-14-2005 11:35 AM

Time for new 3D target....Glen Del buck any good?

Anybody have any experience with the GlenDel buck targets? I have a McKenzie now but she's so shot up that the's about to break in half. I've already been through 2 replacement sections in a year and I'm tired of trying to pull arrows out of a new section. I like the idea of the layered foam but I know nothing about the duarbility of them.

ukbuck 05-14-2005 02:13 PM

RE: Time for new 3D target....Glen Del buck any good?

Sorry, no experience with that particular one. I did just by a delta broadhead buck taget with a layered insert. I haven't shot a broadhead into it yet, but it does take some muscle to get a field point out of it. Wish I had a more usefull answer for you....

Kelly/KY 05-16-2005 08:06 PM

Hey Mike,

I purchased one last summer and found it to be very disappointing. The pressure that holds the midsection in place is not tight enough to keep the midsection together for more than a hundred shots or so. I blew through the target with field points within two weeks and broadheads just destroy it. So, for the money, there are many more economical options that hold up much better. I will say I have not tried the enclosed midsection they are now selling. Good luck.

Kelly

johndeer44 05-18-2005 07:55 AM

I bought a Glen Dell and I added the extra layers and I have no problems at all. I wasn't thrilled about the price but it is more durable in my opinion.

psychowolverine 05-18-2005 08:17 AM

The realtree boys use the glen del targets. I say if they use them they must be pretty good.

Justin 05-18-2005 08:30 AM

ORIGINAL: psychowolverine

The realtree boys use the glen del targets. I say if they use them they must be pretty good.

BGfisher 05-18-2005 08:38 AM

Johndeere just added an option. If the layers aren't quite tight enough add a few more to put more pressure into the system. You could even use cardboard at the top. Cheaper than more foam. And I can tell you from experience that if you start punching broadheads into it or anything else it won't last near as long. Blades slice pieces out of it. Nothing like a cheap piece of ethafoam for broadheads.

Mike from Texas 05-18-2005 05:52 PM

Fr most of the season it will see nothing but field points, only closer to season will I shoot braoadheads into it. I'm tired of fighting to pull my arrows out of the McKenzie, and I haven't been getting that great a life out of it either.

djkiller 05-18-2005 06:46 PM

the real tree boys use them because they are sponsered by them. doesnt mean they are great. just means they are getting paid!!! lot of shooters and hunting shows do commercials and ads because there sponsers flip the bills. that doesnt mean the glen-dell
buck is junk. means they were smart and got the real tree boys to advertise for them.

johndeer44 05-18-2005 11:06 PM

Well said DJ