Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What rest????

Old 05-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What rest????

I have the NAP quick tune 3000 (i think its 3000) it is the micro adjust. I love this rest. It is the micro adjust that does it for me, im a tinkerer. I have had nothing but good experiances with this rest.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:55 AM

i have the ultra rest and used it this past season and loved it no noise no problems.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are looking at drop-aways then I'd have to tell you I had nine of them on my bow last year. The absolute best out right now is the GKF Infiniti. That's what's on my 3D bow. My hunting bow carries a Trapdoor for reasons that I won't get into. One reason a lot of the droppers got thrown out was I could not stand those that had the cord attached near the arrow pass. Darn fletching was sometimes contacting the cord. Not enough to affect arrow flight, but enough to affect my mind. I mean, the whole dea of a dropper is "No Contact".

Ya know what else I see a lot of? I was just at an ASA shoot this past weekend and most of the Pro's are sporting the tried and true launcher style rests. I guess they figure if it doesn't move then nothing can move (reliability).
Old 06-10-2005, 10:26 PM

I prefer the WB because it helps keep the arrow on the rest.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:25 AM

I use a Nap Quicktune 4000 and have no problems with it and would recomend that one. One great option on it is the adjustability and you can loosen a knob rotate it and it become a prong style shoot through rest. Also it has a nice steel cable for added durability.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:38 AM

NAP quick tune 3000 works great for me!!!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 01:27 PM

I had an QAD ultra rest on my BT Mighty Mite that was shooting around 300 with my set up and I got severe fletching contact. I put a heaiver spring in the rest and still had a little contact but alot of noise. I now have Drop Zones on both of my BT, one is a Pro 40 Dually that shoot about 318 and I don't have any contact with it. But I know several people who have the QAD on their set up and it works fine...just not for me. I also shoot with some guys that love the Zero Effect and the NAP.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Fork Horn

I really like the Muzzy zero effect, i dont see how it can get a whole lost better. It has always worked great for me.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:32 AM

MZE awesome
Old 06-22-2005, 08:39 AM

I have three bows, a new Parker, a back up bow and another one I cant let go of for sentimental reasons. All three have WBs on them. I have taken treestand and stalked deer from 10 to 40+ yards with them and never and I mean never had a problem with the noise, or freezing. The whiskers are less apt to freeze than anything metal with moving joints in cold weather ! The noise is a whoosh sound and deer really dont seem to react much except maybe a quick fatal glance in your direction, just about the time the arrow hits.

Quick Reply: What rest????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.