Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Opinions on New Broadheads >

Opinions on New Broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Opinions on New Broadheads

Old 05-04-2005, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default Opinions on New Broadheads

I finally recieved my new Cabela's archery catalog yesterday and saw some interesting new broadheads. In the mechanical line: Rockey Mountain Snyper XP3 & Rockets Recon XP. Fixed blade: The Atom & Tight Point Shuttle T-Lock. I was hoping to get some opinions from the member on how these might preform. I would also like to hear if 5 Shot has had a chance to test them yet. The theory of sharp wires instead of blades... this might be debated for a long time.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:24 AM

Default RE: Opinions on New Broadheads

I have not shot any of the mentioned broad heads but I'm also interested in the Atom. I like the idea of the design and will likely give them a try this fall. There was a post in the bow hunting forum about the atom but it was a review done by the manufacturers friend.
http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...age=1&key=atom
Old 05-04-2005, 07:50 PM

I have shot the snypers. good broad head. Though I prefer the rocky mountain gator xps 100grn. better. They fly like no other that I've shot. Also, have the best rating for expandables at broadheadtests.com

Old 05-05-2005, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not tested any of them yet, but I do plan on getting to them asap.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Did you see the price of the atom...44.99 for 2 thats right 2. They should butcher the deer into steaks for that price.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

It seems like a wire that is supposed to bend would actually push the arrow of course or deflect it slightly when in contact with heavy bone. Action = Reaction. I have used the Snyper mechanical before, but I wonder about a three blade offset mechanical. I cannot figure out how the recon is supposed to work yet, but I am still doing the research. The tight point shuttle is interesting design on a fixedblade, but those upward turned blades ... wouldn't that add some additional friction to broadhead when entering? New designs, lots of opinions.