Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Muzzy Zero effect,Rip Cord drop away, or Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter-Which one is best? >

Muzzy Zero effect,Rip Cord drop away, or Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter-Which one is best?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Muzzy Zero effect,Rip Cord drop away, or Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter-Which one is best?

Old 04-06-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Muzzy Zero effect,Rip Cord drop away, or Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter-Which one is best?

I just purchased a Mathews Switchback and am looking at a new drop away rest, however I can not decide on which is best? The Muzzy Zero efffect, The Rip Cord, or the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter, Any help would be appreciated!
Old 04-06-2005, 11:06 PM

Default RE: Muzzy Zero effect,Rip Cord drop away, or Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter-Which one is best?

I have owned all 3 rests. I am shooting the Ripcord rest now and like it the best of the
three. The Muzzy worked well but was bulky to me. The Trophy Taker would not fall
fast enough for my set up and I had fletching contact problems with it. I eventually
sold the rest.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Muzzy Zero effect,Rip Cord drop away, or Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter-Which one is best?

Of the drop aways I have tried and the ones you list I would go Muzzy. You may have forgotten one of the best - the TR drop zone. That is currently on my bow and I have no plans for replacing it. It my "best mouse trap" and no one has built a better one for ME yet
Old 04-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Spike

dsheally..just curious but what kind of setup do you have that the shakey hunter would not drop fast enough. I just got one put on my bow and I'm hoping that I don't have the same problem.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:44 AM

I was shooting my Mathews Ovation with Goldtip 55/75's with 4 inch fletch and 100 gr.
tips. I timed the rest to drop as fast as I could but still had contact problems. Just
would not work for me. The Ripcord rest I am using now works very well so far.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:33 PM

i had the sam problem w/ the NAP drop away. Actually had it falling to fast and was hitting the prongs. I switched back to my trophy taker shakey. Changed to try something new and found that old reliable worked the best.

Old 04-08-2005, 11:02 PM

What about a HHA DART dropaway? Anyone shoot with one? At $50, it's worth looking into.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:07 AM

I use the Trophy Taker on My Allegiance and it works great. I just had to move the string a littel further down then what most ppl have there's set at. But it drops perfectly now. No fletching issues at all.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:34 AM

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, I just bought a Ripcord and it looks like a great rest!
Old 04-09-2005, 11:02 PM

Your very welcome. If you have any problems with it let us know.

Quick Reply: Muzzy Zero effect,Rip Cord drop away, or Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter-Which one is best?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.