Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Bowtech Guys - speak up please!! >

Bowtech Guys - speak up please!!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowtech Guys - speak up please!!

Old 03-28-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Bowtech Guys - speak up please!!

Okay......I'm really getting close to taking the plunge.....that is, I'm getting ready to buy an Allegiance and wanted to get some opinions.

What are the better fits (matches) of fall away rests that you guys are shooting with the Allegiance?

Anyone shooting the Trap Door? If so, how's it working?

Thanks,

Dale B.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Guys - speak up please!!

Dale, maybe it's just a personal thing, but the Trap Door is the last drop away rest I would put on my bow. I've used one and hated it, and had a friend who had his fail on him quite a bit. I just don't trust it enough for target or hunting which pretty much eliminates it from consideration for me .

For a hunting rest I'm a big fan of the APA Ultimate Twister series rests.......the "Safari" and "SL" versions.
From there, the good Ol' Trophy Taker Shakey hunter, TR Drop Zone or Muzzy Zero Effect is as far as I would look.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:32 PM

I'm shooting the twister safari and like it alot so far. I'll stick with it unless something seriously bad happens, it seems to clear the arrow really well and is very consistant and easy to set up and tune.

I'm shooting a 2004 patriot.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:15 PM

I was shooting a schaffer overdraw/rest on my '02 Patriot and had clearance problems. I took the bow to the factory in Eugene and they showed me the Dalton Mirage 5000. It is a fall-away with a cradle to hold the arrow. I love it. It is easy to tune or make adjustments to and at $65 it was cheaper than alot of the other models out there. I can hold the bow almost horizontal and the arrow will stay in the cradle.

www.daltonarchery.com
Old 03-28-2005, 05:27 PM

I use the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter rest. I bought the rest with the short windage bar so I could use it on my PSE. I needed the long windage bar for my Allegiance. I called the company and was about to order it, but they let me exchange it for free. On top of that they sent me their windage bar first! They are a great company.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:35 PM

Happy with the HHA.