Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HHA sights

Old 03-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default HHA sights

Does anyone have any experience with the sights made by HHA. Which sight do ya have and how does it work. Looks like most of there sights are built solid and bright.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HHA sights

solberg, the HHA's are my favorites for hunting. Light, all metal construction with choice of fiber optics that are attached to metal posts. My HHA's are the five pin model with two rows of pins and gang adjustment for windage and elevation. Excellent sight at a very reasonable price.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:12 PM

I have two HHA sites. One is the 5519 which is a single pin. I like this site a lot but it cost me an arm and a leg. It is super bright and just about perfect.. The other one I have is nt nearly as bright and is not all metal. It is a crosshair site so it has a lexon housing for the actual site. Haven't used it in low light yet but people who have them say they aren't a problem. I like it a lot but out at further yards the crosshair kind of covers to much of the target. That has always been one of the problems I have had with multiple pin models too, too much stuff cluttering the site picture really can hurt my accuracy. I am thinking if switching the single pin over to my hunting rig come August and seeing how it works.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to disagree with Sniper about a couple issues. I don't think the HHA OL series is that light. And the ones I get aren't all that reasonable in price. Other than that I'd have to say they are one of the better sights made for the hunter, especially if you want brightness and ruggedness. I have the OL-5000 and for a couple reasons. One is the all-metal construction with a very heavy guard that has the steel pin recessed far enough to protect it well. 3 feet of optics makes it brighter than I've even needed for dawn and dusk, but it's there. It is adjustable for yardage so serves double duty as a 3D sight. I don't move it while hunting. It has micro-adjust for windage also, which is almost a necessity for me as I am always tinkering with things. And a Lifetime Warranty doesn't hurt a whole lot either, not that I've needed any service yet. Funny how things with long warranties just don't fall apart. It is costly retailing around the $100 to $120 mark these days, but if I only have to buy one then it's money well spent. Much cheaper in the long run than buying some piece of junk made from molded plastic that most likely is going to rattle around and fall apart anyway.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

BG, the Starforce Lite from HHA is around $60.00. Similar to the Cobra Ascent and PSE RS, with metal pins, not plastic. Five pins with gang adjustment and much lighter than the single pin 5000 and 1/2 the weight of Spott Hogg and Lethal Weapon.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:17 PM

I have the HHA triple threat 500 sights and they are awesome. Bright as any sight I've ever seen. They also have micro adjust which is real easy to use.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:12 PM

I have the OL5000, super bright & rugged. I got mine on ebay for 49.00, brand new in the package.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sniper, the Starforce is just what I was talking about when I mention plastic. They can call Lexan if they want. Lexan is plastic and can be broken---easily. Another difference is the light. Yours has the light I suppose. There are several cons to the lights. When you need to brighten your pin they make them too bright. Batteries will empty your wallet. I'm not just ranting here. I've had these things, the plastic pieces and lights. They aren't worth the aggravation over time. I sell sights every day and, sorry, I just don't see more than $30 worth of sight in the StarForce. My goodness, I got Cobra's going out the door for $20 that have about the same specs as this.

Now, you get me talking about the Optimizer Series and now you're talking about a sight. One that will last for years. Is bright enough to shoot long after any legal shooting hours. Don't need batteries. They also have multiple adjustments. They are just a lot more sight. And they cost more.

I'm not trying to dictate what you should use. Just saying that I've been down the road with a lot of stuff over the last 30+ years. I will spend the extra money on GOOD accessories and a little less on a bow. The accessories will move to the next bow next year, and for years to come.