Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The carbon battle continues >

The carbon battle continues

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The carbon battle continues

Old 03-25-2005, 01:01 PM

Default RE: The carbon battle continues

I shoot the XT 5575 at 28" with a 29" draw @ 72# and 100 grn tips. I weighed all of a dozen new arrows fletched and they averaged 389 grains. This according to GT spine chart says I'm on the edge for spine. I am getting 294fps and have had no spine problems with my tears or arrow flight. I had to go with the 5575's because of the low FOC I would get with the 7595's. It would have been right around 8% with the 7595's so I opted for the 5575's @ about 9.75% for longer shooting. Just an opinion, but I like the 5575's, but again would not have a problem buying the 7595's for hunting. I have to admit, it was a tough decision for me to choose one over the other, and I may give the 7595's a try the next dozen I buy.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO anyone who is considering switching to a carbon arrow and doesn't at least seriously consider the A/C/C is just plain missing the boat.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:11 PM

wrong thing
Old 03-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

I was shooting a bow @70# and 28" draw and using 7595's @ 29" my speed was 256. I tried the 5575 and could not get the whip out of the tail of the arrow. I had no problem with the 7595's. Now I am shooting a bow that is a tad slower and switched back to the 5575's and shortened them 1 inch and they are flying great!!! Go down to the shop and try some out, they have to have a few laying around that you could test on your bow. Shoot them through some paper and do a little tuning and make your choice that way. Get the one that best fits your bow!!!

One note: When I had the 5575's they shot best at 65# or less with my old bow a Pearson Anaconda. I am shooting a Diamondback VX with a milder cam so they work much better on this set up. I have a Pearson Pride on its way and may be swithcing back to the 7595 due to the bow being much more agressive with the hybrid cam system. I may just go back to good old aluminum if the speed is around 250-260 fps, that is all I want as far as that goes.

Good luck!!!

Chris

Team Pearson
Old 03-29-2005, 06:28 PM

I would just go to Cabelas.com and pick the arrow that I wanted.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:10 AM

Double lung,
The problem is not knowing which one to pick. Bigbuck270 and I both shoot close to "the cut-off" point of the two weights of arrows. So we need to figure out which ones will be best for our bows. The owner of the local archery shop will help us with that. CABELAS won't.

Also, the local shop will trim the arrows to our length for free, Cabelas won't.

He's also cheaper than Cabelas, NOT counting shipping and handling.

There are some things that I will buy from Cabelas, but this isn't one of them.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:46 AM

Bigbuck,

I shoot 7595 GT shafts and they are the best shafts I've shot yet. I don't have any experience with the super carbon so my opinions are obviously bias. I bought the dozen shafts last spring and am still shooting the original 4 I set up. Each of those shafts have well over 500 shots on them and I've yet to see any spine deteriation. They shoot as well as the day I set them up.

I am shooting 7595 29.75" shafts from my Firestorm 30"dl 74 lbs. Spine seems to be right for my bow. I didn't have much problen tuning the bow and have been getting good consistent arrow flight.

I hope this helps some.