Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

cobra sidewinder lx

Old 03-21-2005, 04:40 PM

Default cobra sidewinder lx

I'm getting my Cobra Sidewinder lx in two days. I wondered if there are any know problems with it? Is this a good sight for what it costs?($83) Can you use the Cobra light kit or does it come with the sight? Will it work for turkey with the big spools of florescent wire?
Old 03-25-2005, 01:07 PM

Default RE: cobra sidewinder lx

My buddy bought one last fall and it seemed like one tough sight and it sure was bright. As far as the spool showing up for turkeys, just put a piece of camo tape on the front of it to hide the bright colors. I would have to guess there is plenty of fiber to the rear to keep the pins bright.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

I purchased the Sidewinder in mystic camo for my Parker and it really emits bright.

Went out to do some target practice late one evening just to see how bright they are and yeah the fiber optics on it are very bright.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:51 AM

The sidewinder lx should come with a black plastic cover to cover up the spool of pins. In that cover there is a holder for two glo sticks also included with the sight.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:16 PM

I agree it is a great sight, it came in the mail a few days ago and I've been shooting every time I can. But, to me shooting at night with the glow sticks; you can see the pins, just not what you are shooting at. I do really like all the knobs for fine adjustments, but has anyone run into any problems with any part of it during hunting?
Old 03-28-2005, 12:10 AM

I have a sidewinder sight I bought a week ago. I think it is a good sight so far. I bought instead of a spot hogg due to sight brightness. I see alot of animal early in the morning or in the last few hours of ligh,and think it will be great in the timber. Though I know two guys that used them one liked though he broke a one of the fibers off his pin he had no complaints though. The other traded his out said he did not like the fibers breaking.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:05 PM

The sidewinder lx should come with a black plastic cover to cover up the spool of pins. In that cover there is a holder for two glo sticks also included with the sight.
finally now i understand the glow stick thing
Old 03-31-2005, 07:29 PM

There are black ones for 45 dollars on the clearance section of Archery experts. They are still all metal. Good buy!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 12:55 PM

A little late, but better late than never they say I have used the sidewinder for the past 4 months and the only problem I have encountered is that the adjustment screws come loose quite easily. I would suggest a drop or two of loctite once its all set up, especially on the extension arm knob.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

i put my sidewinder on my new Martin,,practiced with well over a hundred shots the sight seems to do well,,added a little of that Loc-Tite (blue),,everythings good,,also put a small piece of tape in front of the fiber optic coils(plastic cover) to hide it from any animal looking forward into the sight.[8D]

Quick Reply: cobra sidewinder lx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.