Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lighted nocks??

Old 03-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lighted nocks??

My friends and I used them(Luminocks) this season and we will absolutley be using them again next season!!!

Good Luck!
Old 03-19-2005, 03:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

I know for a fact that best shots I've ever made I never saw the arrow go. And I didn't need to. Where did the arrow go? Exactly where my pin was aiming at the point of release. To that end I prefer black nocks and black fletching.

At $10 each that makes each hunting shot worth about $30+. Kind of overkill on the wallet don't you think?

What's that quote about old dogs? It does get out of hand and wallet!

They are entertaining. Kind of like shooting a flaming arrow. Make a nice archers 4th of July display for any grandkids.

The wieght is another draw back.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

What weight? I see no difference. jmo
Old 03-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

What weight? I see no difference. jmo

I have some tracer lighted nocks and they are quit a bit heavier than a normal nock. I have not tried them on my new setup but on the old it showed up in my shots. I suppose if all your arrows were equipped with the lighted nocks and your bow was tuned accordingly then all would be fine. But shooting to different shafts was not possible with my old setup. They are cool I just couldn't get it to hit the same spot as a regular nock. I have been thinking of giving them another try with the new set up. It maybe possible to create 2 shafts with the same weight and foc using a combination of feathers, vanes and nocks.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry I guess I should of explained myself!
I use the new Burt Coyote Lumenoks! I believe the lumenoks are 22 grains and the nocks I switched from are 13 grains. I save all my old lumenoks that are dead and put those on my practice arrows. When I switched 2 seasons ago I replaced my old nocks with the lumenoks and my arrows fly true, paper tuned and all. I guess thats what I meant about "seeing no difference" I do put alot of time fletching & tuning each arrow with each broadhead. I shoot cx 300's with 100 grain muzzy's! I'm never going back to regular nocks! JMO
Old 03-20-2005, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm glad you did explain it further. Some good suggestions.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:21 PM

Mike from texas can you email me how to make the nocks cause im a cheapo.
[email protected]
Old 03-24-2005, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Home made lighted nocks

Only thing I did different is use the regular Easton Super nock and drilled a small hole in the back of the nock. Works like a champ. You also do not have to use black nocks if you ant them to be brighter but since you have to turn them on manually and leave them on while in the stand you may want to use black.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:17 AM

I went to a local shop and askedabout them and heard 10 bucks a nock and we had a good laugh. Actually check your states game laws. This guy talked to Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks and they are illegal. Something about it is illegal to have a light on your bow, and they consider an arrow on your bow for a time. Might want to check it out. 2point
Old 04-01-2005, 05:48 PM

I just got back from texas hog hunting and i used lighted nocks.... I shoot gold tip arrows and what i did cause I'm cheap is take the new gt nocks in flo. green or orange without havin to to drill them, inseted with a dab of superglue bobber lights in them. Yes they really put off some light but the hogs didn't notice them at all, till they were through them... total cost lights $2.00/ ea or $24/ dozen + tax nocks were $8/ dozen = tax or $32 / dozen oh i forgot $1 = tax for superglue gel $33 total thats 3 retail lights!!!

Quick Reply: Lighted nocks??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.