Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lighted nocks??

Old 03-14-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Lighted nocks??

How many of you use lighted nocks? Do you like them? Dislike them? There are also some glow in the dark nocks and vanes. What do you guys think of these things? Are they worth the price/extra weight to the arrow?

www.tracerarrow.com
www.savagearchery.com
Old 03-14-2005, 10:19 AM

Default RE: Lighted nocks??

I haven't tried them yet, but I think I will use the Lumi-nocs on my hunting set up for this year. I have seen a few hunting video's where they were used, and they seemed to show shot placement very well.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:15 PM

i have a buddy that is a very respectable bowhunter around here and he swears by them. he claims that you have no doubt where you struck your animal when shooting these things.i am going to get setup with them this year myself.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:19 PM

I shoot them, I use the archersflame type. I love them they work great for me. I didn't like the one with the magnet or the new luminocks. they wouldn't work for me.

http://archersflame.com/
Old 03-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the new Luminoks and I love them! I paid $10 each! I know when I hit my deer or MISS with no problem![8D] It saved me big time this past season! I found two arrows after misses which otherwise I would of lost! Looks pretty cool on Video as well!
Old 03-17-2005, 09:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh yeah they help with sighting in your bow and while practicing. JMO
Old 03-18-2005, 12:14 PM

Just got back from my local proshop. He was showing me the Luminoks. I don't know how useful they would be but they sure look cool when target shooting. There is no doubt where you hit. They really light up. Kind of costly though.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know for a fact that best shots I've ever made I never saw the arrow go. And I didn't need to. Where did the arrow go? Exactly where my pin was aiming at the point of release. To that end I prefer black nocks and black fletching.

At $10 each that makes each hunting shot worth about $30+. Kind of overkill on the wallet don't you think?
Old 03-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody know if any of these are direct replacements for Easton's Super Uni-nocks?
Old 03-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used them for 3 years and won't ever be in the woods without them. I have used bothe the Tracer nocks and the Lumenoks. Both have their pros and cons. On another web site I vesit regularly, there is a guy that shows you how to make your own. You have to turn them on manually, but by using a black nock and drilling a small hole in the end of it, no light can be seen except straight from the back. These will cost less than $4 to make for all of you tightwads that don't want to pay for the other ones. And yes, the Lumenoks are a direct replacement for any arrow using the Super Uni nok system. The Tracer nocks are arrow specific.

If anyone wants instructions and pics on how to make the home made ones, PM me and I'll show you what I have done.

Quick Reply: Lighted nocks??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.