Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Block target?

Old 03-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Block target?

I shot the Black Hole (makers of the Block) and it didn't last me a month. That was shooting pure field tips and target points. In less than 2 weeks, I was getting complete pass throughs. That really upset me because it was starting to cost me arrows. I'll be buying a Yellowjacket this summer that's for sure.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:12 AM

n't buy a Block! Get a Morrell Yellowjacket for your broadheads and a good bag style for field points. I have been using a Carbon Monster bag target for years and never had a pass through yet....
Old 03-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

shoot the yeloow jacket is only $35.00. and you can shoot both target tips and broad heads into it. no need for 2 targets.
I thought that field points were darn near impossible to pull out of a yellow jacket?
Old 03-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

you are correct - no field points in the Yellow Jacket
Old 03-06-2005, 03:52 PM

you got me. I shoot field points and broadheads w/ carbon arrows in mine. not hard to pull out?

Old 03-10-2005, 11:28 AM

It sounds to me there are a bunch of BLOCK competitors wanting to bash the BLOCK. There is no better combo field point, broadhead target out there and there new 4x4 BLOCK is even better.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

boy, it's awefull hard to dispute all of the first hand testimonies by the hunters on this site. do a search and see how many actually have had good luck with the Hole/Block. I bet it's over 80% negative (although it has seemed like the Block has preformed a bit better than the hole).

djk - all i know is that the label says "NO FIELD POINTS" and I listened. and it has been stated by others that have shot points into the YJ and have had a bear of a time??
Old 03-27-2005, 12:11 AM

I bought the Hole last year and might as well have dug one in the back yard and buried the money I spent.

If you want a great field point target, find a local coffee roaster and ask for some burlap bags, or check the local feed store. Stuff them with plastic bags from the grocery store and close the top by weaving nails through it. Any plastic will do, but I would stay away from shrink wrap. If you double bag it with burlap, it will last THOUSANDS of shots. We took 8 of them to elk camp this year and hung them in trees in the clear-cut around camp for a mini 3D course.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:26 AM

I bought a Block last season and was happy... for the first hundred shots. It stops arrows well the first few shots, but they are a pain to pull out. When they start to get easy to pull out they are halfway out of the target! They are messy- With every shot a handful of the foam shoots out. I just bought a Morrel's Quick Stop and couldn't be happier. I have shot 200 shots in the center bullseye and still haven't had a field tip stick through. After I shoot several shots at the center the arrows push all of the cloth to the back of the target. I just flip the target around and continue shooting. With the Block being $65 and the Morrel's being $30, I will stick with the Morrel's.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:39 PM

For broadheads check out the new King Series Targets
http://www.archerytargets.com/CompoundKing.aspx

Quick Reply: Block target?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.