HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Block target? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/92833-block-target.html)

reylamb 03-28-2005 09:32 AM

RE: Block target?

It sounds to me there are a bunch of BLOCK competitors wanting to bash the BLOCK. There is no better combo field point, broadhead target out there and there new 4x4 BLOCK is even better.
Competitors? Hardly, just a lot of unhappy archers that tried the junk Field Logic is putting out there with the Block. The best broadhead/field tip combo target I have found is the Rinehart hunting block/cube/whatever they call it.

ELKINMTCWB 03-28-2005 09:44 AM

GO get some burlap sacks. I have many many in my back yard. I am shooting mathews safari set at 90# No pass thoughs at all. I filled mine with cut up clothing. I do not know of any one that dose not have enough junk clothing to fill 2 bags or so.

I will try plastic on the next ones,and copare.

KONK 03-31-2005 09:18 AM

ORIGINAL: shelb04

It sounds to me there are a bunch of BLOCK competitors wanting to bash the BLOCK. There is no better combo field point, broadhead target out there and there new 4x4 BLOCK is even better.
Sorry shelbo4, but we are all telling it like it is. For the $ you pay, the block is not worth it. Not only do they deteriorate in a quick hurry using broadheads the mess that is left behind is a pain in the butt. I had pass throughs after 4 weeks. [:@] [:'(]

mike838 04-01-2005 04:47 PM

elkinmt.i heard that a burlap bag packed full of grocery bags work.i am going too find out:).i know that it takes alot of them to fill up a medium size bag though. but the way my wife shops, i should be able too start selling them on ebay by next week:D

nodog 04-01-2005 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: mike838

elkinmt.i heard that a burlap bag packed full of grocery bags work.i am going too find out:).i know that it takes alot of them to fill up a medium size bag though. but the way my wife shops, i should be able too start selling them on ebay by next week:D

LoL

I thought of something the other day. Not sure if it will work but have you ever seen a bundle of card board all trused up ready to be shipped of to a recyceler. I'd like to try a couple of shots into one. Darn thing should last for years if it would work.

mainehunt 04-02-2005 04:00 AM

I've been using plastic bags inside burlap bags for years. We get animal feed and bird seed in 100 pound feed bags that are made of a "plastic burlap." I stuff these with plastic grocery bags, Wal-mart bags, and plastic drop cloths. Stops my carbon arrows fine.

One thig I did find out, don't stuff them with those blue plastic tarps. It stops them great, but wicked hard to pull out.

After the bag itself is getting worn out, I just slip a new burlap sack over the whole thing. Just like new.

Stone316_74 04-02-2005 07:15 AM

JUNK, GARBAGE, WOULDN'T SPEND A DIME FOR ONE!!! Buy a bag target.

mike838 04-02-2005 05:40 PM

hey mainehunt, this might be a dumb question but do you have too pack the bags in there extremely tight?And nodog, let me know if that cardboard thing works. will ya?:D

mainehunt 04-02-2005 06:53 PM

mike838,
NO, not extremely tight. I just put a bunch of plastic in the bag, tie it shut with a piece of cord and then shoot it. If the arrow penetrates further than I like, I just untie the bag, and then retie it lower to compress the plastic more. Works like a charm and it's FREE;)

I have a couple of old ladies at church that save those plastic bags for me.:)

Try it, you'll like it.

Kev

Muliefever 04-02-2005 08:11 PM

You know back to the cardboard.. I used to work at a grocery store back in Idaho, and I took one of those huge cardboard bundles home and me and my buddies shot it for years! Field points where no problem at all, and there was little mess. Even broadheads were'nt to bad. Just give it a good squirt with the water hose and you'll be set