Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Whisker Bisquit question? >

Whisker Bisquit question?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whisker Bisquit question?

Old 02-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whisker Bisquit question?

I have a wisker bisquit QS drop tine with the older ( all black) wiskers. I bought it used and am starting to think its the aluminum model type.

Question 1: Is it worth buying the new 2 colored type, is there a noticable difference in noise?

Question 2: I was in a sporting goods store today and the clerk told me that lots of people are actually buying the larger aluminum style to shoot carbons because it is quieter. This was not a true archery shop so I am not sure how experienced this guy was.

Question 3: If using the larger aluminum style with a carbon would the extra play on sides and top have much of an efect on arrow flight/consistency?

I don't mind buying the new insert, I just want to buy the best option for carbon arrows. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit question?

Forget the noise with the new 2 colored one. Its not about noise, the new one isnt so hard on your vanes or feathers. That answers your number 1 question. For the other two. I dont know.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Question 1: Is it worth buying the new 2 colored type, is there a noticable difference in noise?
Like DK said, the new ones are softer and wear the fletchings less than the older one did.

Question 2: I was in a sporting goods store today and the clerk told me that lots of people are actually buying the larger aluminum style to shoot carbons because it is quieter. This was not a true archery shop so I am not sure how experienced this guy was.
They use the same bristles in all of the bisquits. So I can't really see any differance in noise with an aluminum bisquit with carbon arrows. The finish on the shaft itself can have a signifigant effect on noise though.

Question 3: If using the larger aluminum style with a carbon would the extra play on sides and top have much of an efect on arrow flight/consistency?
Yes it can have a signifigant effect on consistancy or your arrow flight. Assuming it would be possible with out blowing something up think about shooting a 30 caliber bullet down a .375 bore. The arrow, just like the bullet, would rattle all the way through the bisquit until it left the bow. You need a relatively tight fit on the arrow shaft to get the best performance from the bisquit.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

quote:

They use the same bristles in all of the bisquits. So I can't really see any differance in noise with an aluminum bisquit with carbon arrows. The finish on the shaft itself can have a signifigant effect on noise though.

What I meant by this is that the clerk was saying that by being a larger hole than the carbon one that it would be quieter when shooting a carbon through it. The company website also states that there should be some play even onthe sides????
Old 02-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes their should be some play but not nearly that much. A very small ammount. I didn't mean to sound like it should actually be a tight fit but very close. Enough so the shaft doesn't just flop around inside the WB.

You will be sacraficing consistancy and accuracy for maybe a slightly quieter bow.

These guys spend millions in R&D. I think if it were better to shoot a carbon through an aluminum WB they would be selling them that way cause it would only help their sales.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think if it were better to shoot a carbon through an aluminum WB they would be selling them that way cause it would only help their sales.
AHHH, I think I am going to pick up a new insert with the 2 colors anyway. They must have some improvement over the old type. I will buy the carbon specific one and it will give me both should I ever decide to shoot aluminum.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

The new two color WB's are definetly an improvement but it's for less wear on the fletchings and not for noise or anything like that.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:12 PM

I shoot Carbon arrows through the Aluminum bisket insert(two color).
I switched over from the carbon insert because it was to tight on my Carbon express Maxima 350.
Thank God I did!!!.....What a difference..... MUCh better...faster, less speed loss and more accurate ...... try Blazer vanes ( when fletching put a dab of glue on the front and back of the vane ) ......they work awesome and no vane damage .......also minimal speed loss
Old 02-23-2005, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Terry !

Don told me that the rest you bought was definetly a carbon model,I don't know this as a fact since I'm not really a WB fan to start with . I'm sorry if I've steered you wrong with this rest I would never do this intentionally,but I was just taking his word for what this rest was .

nubo
Old 02-23-2005, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don told me that the rest you bought was definetly a carbon model,I don't know this as a fact since I'm not really a WB fan to start with . I'm sorry if I've steered you wrong with this rest I would never do this intentionally,but I was just taking his word for what this rest was .
Nubo,
No problem buddy,
I just think that there is such a range of shaft diameters out there that its a little confusing. I will buy the generation 2 insert as from what I read its some what easier on fletching. The price was right, I'm still happy with my purchase!

Quick Reply: Whisker Bisquit question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.