Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Keep Mathews or buy new PSE >

Keep Mathews or buy new PSE

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Keep Mathews or buy new PSE

Old 03-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Keep Mathews or buy new PSE

Mathews has been #1 in sales for a few years now.
Maybe they've been the #1 selling bow among Mathews owners... but what about the rest of us that aren't sheep? Why do Mathews owners buy a new Mathews every year when they are the "best bow ever"???
"Oh my god.. they put a roller guard on it.. I gotta have it..."
"Oh boy.... they threw last years cam on an 8yr old Feathermax riser and called it the Classic... "
"Oh my... look at this new technology.. they put Outback limbs on a LX riser and threw an extra weight in the cam... gotta have that too"

PSE sells more bows than any other manufacturer hands down... PSE Nova is the best selling bow ever produced.

As far as our sales at our Gander.. in order of best to worst selling bows at our store PSE, Parker, Martin, Bear, Kodiak, Darton, Storm...
Old 03-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe they've been the #1 selling bow among Mathews owners... but what about the rest of us that aren't sheep? Why do Mathews owners buy a new Mathews every year when they are the "best bow ever"???
"Oh my god.. they put a roller guard on it.. I gotta have it..."
"Oh boy.... they threw last years cam on an 8yr old Feathermax riser and called it the Classic... "
"Oh my... look at this new technology.. they put Outback limbs on a LX riser and threw an extra weight in the cam... gotta have that too"
Now that we've peeled the bannana to see whats really inside! Thanks , you've just removed any credibility without my help. Another Mathews basher.

PSE sells more bows than any other manufacturer hands down... PSE Nova is the best selling bow ever produced.
Not that it matters in anything whatsover in determing who makes a quality bow (which they all do) , but do you have those facts yet?
Old 03-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...41#post1247641

I'm not a basher.. just a non believer.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:29 PM

Not that it matters in anything whatsover in determing who makes a quality bow (which they all do) , but do you have those facts yet?
At least you've admitted that mathews is not the only one to make quality bows.

Heres your facts:

PSE website - "PSE, as the industry's leading manufacturer, holds twenty patents for bow design and archery products."
- "Today, Pete heads the largest privately owned archery equipment manufacturing company in the country."

Bowhunting.net - "PSE is the world's largest manufacturer of archery equipment."

Whitetail.com - "Matt McPherson and his Mathews, Inc., which is one of the world's largest makers of bows."

I could not find one source that regarded Mathews as the largest manufacturer of bows. However, whenever PSE is mentioned in any credible and respected publication they are said to be the largest manufacturer of archery equipment in the world.

The only time I ever here about Mathews being number 1, is when it is coming out of the mouth of an ignorant Mathews owner. Now, I'm not saying that all of you that own Mathews bows are ignorant, but those of you that are, know who you are. Niether am I bashing Mathews products, I firmly believe that Mathews makes a quality bow. I simply think people should have their facts straight before giving advice and making comments about who's the leader of what.

I personally respect all bow manufacturers because they all try their damndest to put out a quality product.

For those of you that, for some reason have a vendetta against PSE, why don't you try out their high end bows before flapping your jaws and comparing them to other companies.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm shocked to see that you shoot a PSE!

I can just as easily post numbers that indicate Mathews as being number one in sales $$$. Theres a difference in sales dollars vs volume. No one can argue that PSE isn't larger. Mathews has one shop in Sparta Wisconsin. PSE is much bigger. And dont give the BULSHIRT about the #1 in sales dollars coming from Mathews shooters. It's been in every fricken hunting mag over the last five years or so that I even got sick of seeing it.

As for PSE's cheapest bow being the number 1 seller? I dont doubt that , but do any of you want to seriously debate the quality of the Nova on the technical forum? My wife and her sisters bought one for my father in law a couple years ago. Paid a little over $200 for one. I'm not afraid to say here or anywhere that the Nova is the biggest piece of crap I've ever had the misfortune of setting up for anyone!

This whole debate started when another Mathews basher had to pop in and spew their typical garbage , and yet another. I wouldn't have stuck around otherwise , I get a kick out of your type.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:05 AM

Remember when PSE got sued for copying Mathews Cam? Now they are trying to copy their limb suppressors! What does that tell you? I can see how PSE could be the #1 selling bow, as was stated, they are readily available and offer bows in all price ranges. However, I am sure that alot of people who are buying them are just fly by night spur of the moment people who have decided to take up bow hunting.These people are not going to spend the money to buy a top end bow. I would also bet that all bows sold to die hard seasoned bow hunters, who want the Best equipment, Were the higher end bows like Mathews, Hoyt and Bow Tech.I could understand if you were new to bow shooting and wanted to start out with something less expensive until you decide whether you liked it or not, but like TeeJay said, You're already drive'in the Ferrari, why switch to the Impala?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:10 PM

I can just as easily post numbers that indicate Mathews as being number one in sales $$$.
I'd like to see you get credible sales numbers from Mathews that could be compared with credible numbers from PSE.

As for being a Mathews basher, I have a lot of respect for their product (as mentioned before). I just bash arrogant people who give other people bad advice, whether that arrogant person is a mathews owner, pse owner, bowtech owner .... etc.

As for rob1's comment, you're just one of those people who has never even shot a high end PSE because if you had you wouldn't be calling it an Impala.

This whole thing started when ignorant people who have never even shot the Vengeance, started telling mike838 which bow was better.

The only thing I wanted to get out of this argument, was for those of you bashing other bow companies to realize that it is not about the name on the bow, it's how comfortable the person shooting that bow feels. There are plenty of people who have shot the new Mathews switchback and weren't impressed, as is there are plenty of people who have shot the new PSE Vengeance and weren't impressed. The point is people need to quit trying to tell other people which bow they will like, it's up to that person. However, it does not seem like I'm changing any minds, so just keep giving bad advice. Maybe you can get more people to buy mathews by shaming them into it.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing I wanted to get out of this argument, was for those of you bashing other bow companies to realize that it is not about the name on the bow, it's how comfortable the person shooting that bow feels. There are plenty of people who have shot the new Mathews switchback and weren't impressed, as is there are plenty of people who have shot the new PSE Vengeance and weren't impressed. The point is people need to quit trying to tell other people which bow they will like, it's up to that person. However, it does not seem like I'm changing any minds, so just keep giving bad advice. Maybe you can get more people to buy mathews by shaming them into it.
See my first post!!

"Shaming people into buying Mathews"?
I cant speak for every poster on this thread but I believe that the majority were doing something typically called smack talk. Something that some folks seem to have a real hard time handling. If somebody would have jumped in at the beginning of the thread and said "buy the PSE , it's the caddilac and Mathews is the pinto" , you probably would have responded with a smiley face , if you would have responded at all!
Old 03-06-2005, 06:23 PM

last year i bought a 2000 hoyt aspen never used and i like it a lot. however i saved up some money this year and was thinking about buying a new bow. however i only had about $450 to spend. so i looked hard at the pse line. however once i shot the bows i wasn't all that impressed. they where a little quicker then my hoyt however where louder and i couldn't shoot it nearly as good the vengeance was the one i liked the most but still i couldn't see buying it when i had a bow i shot better. the way i saw it the pse line looked a lot better on paper.

i would tell you to shoot the pse line of bows and if you like it better sell the mathews and buy the pse however if you are like me chances are you will keep the mathews.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:29 PM

Forget all that and get a a Bowtech

Quick Reply: Keep Mathews or buy new PSE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.