Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Keep Mathews or buy new PSE

Old 03-07-2005, 09:50 AM

Default RE: Keep Mathews or buy new PSE

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

The only thing I wanted to get out of this argument, was for those of you bashing other bow companies to realize that it is not about the name on the bow, it's how comfortable the person shooting that bow feels. There are plenty of people who have shot the new Mathews switchback and weren't impressed, as is there are plenty of people who have shot the new PSE Vengeance and weren't impressed. The point is people need to quit trying to tell other people which bow they will like, it's up to that person. However, it does not seem like I'm changing any minds, so just keep giving bad advice. Maybe you can get more people to buy mathews by shaming them into it.
See my first post!!

"Shaming people into buying Mathews"?
I cant speak for every poster on this thread but I believe that the majority were doing something typically called smack talk. Something that some folks seem to have a real hard time handling. If somebody would have jumped in at the beginning of the thread and said "buy the PSE , it's the caddilac and Mathews is the pinto" , you probably would have responded with a smiley face , if you would have responded at all!

My first posts about people bad mouthing pse were not directed at you. In case you don't remember you jumped in on this argument after it had already started. I am in no way challenging how you feel about choosing a bow. I do believe you are a supporter of finding out which one feels best.

The argument then esculated into which bow company is number one, which neither of us can prove with solid numbers anyway.

I realize there are people out there who just talk smack, but there is a time and a place. The guy who started this thread was looking for serious advice and people should only give educated answers to the question. It's one thing to joke around, but then follow it up with some serious advice. If someone would have said buy the PSE, I would have told him about my experience with the Vengeneance, but would have told him to shoot the bow himself before making a decision.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:48 PM

Mathew owners, dont fret. i still have the outback. but i am going up too shoot the vengeance this weekend. i think i talked the wife into keeping the mathews and maybe getting the vengeance. if it fits and feels good. i appreciate most of the replies too my post. but some i think were just a little too opinionated. i did not mean too start a war just wanted to know if the vengeance was as nice of a bow as i THINK it might be. i for the most part have shot pse for years low ends to their high end bows and i liked all of them.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mike838

Mathew owners, dont fret. i still have the outback. but i am going up too shoot the vengeance this weekend. i think i talked the wife into keeping the mathews and maybe getting the vengeance. of them.

My wife gets a charge out of catching me. I don't tell her. If she finds out I just act sheepish and she struts away.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:41 AM

I'm glad to see that you're going to go and shoot the Vengeance, you won't be dissapointed. That will be great if you're wife lets you keep the Outback and get the Vengeneance.

Give us you're critique after you shoot the Vengeance!
Old 03-08-2005, 05:22 PM

i will do that MNRut.and thanks for the input. And NODOG, i try and act sheepish everyday but she's onto it by now. i think she is plotting to get my name of our bank accounts.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mike838

i will do that MNRut.and thanks for the input. And NODOG, i try and act sheepish everyday but she's onto it by now. i think she is plotting to get my name of our bank accounts.

Just bought another one. "It's for the kids" I'll say (really is). That's another weapon in my arsonal against the war department. She's such a softy for that. Anyone who treats our kids nice no matter how big a jerk she likes.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:35 PM

I am an avid bowhunter who has shot PSE's ar34 ram and a half and have also hunted using mathews bows. I have shot both and like both. However pse stands out in my mind, because they have withstood the test of time and been in operation for over 30+years. They are arguably one of the best known, strongest, most innovative and best run companies operating within the archery industry. Does anyone have any quantifiable evidence of mathews actually outprforming pse or ar bows? All i have seen and heard is that people like certain brands better, because of the brand written on the riser.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:56 AM

mjvtto, i went too the deer and turkey expo and pse was set up there and they had their AR's there. that bow felt like it was meant too be in my hands. never shot it yet so i should wait before i give my opinion on it. still never had a chance too shoot the vengeance yet[:@].things came up. but hope too shoot it next weekend.but like you were saying pse has stood the test of time and i think their on the rise again.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:22 AM

Mike 838 which deer and turkey expo did you attend?
Old 03-20-2005, 09:57 AM

the ohio one

Quick Reply: Keep Mathews or buy new PSE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.