Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 THATS IT! I'M THROUGH WITH IT! >

THATS IT! I'M THROUGH WITH IT!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

THATS IT! I'M THROUGH WITH IT!

Old 02-12-2005, 07:07 AM

Default RE: THATS IT! I'M THROUGH WITH IT!

I pretty much had the same thing happen to me last year.i was at my buddy's house sighting in my black night.I set the block in front of an old barn and at 30 yards i had two arrows completely penetrate the block and get stuck in the barn[:@][:@][:@]so much for being a broadhead target.THE BLOCK SUCKS imho
Old 02-12-2005, 09:34 AM

that sucks
Old 02-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

I bought my Block about a year ago and am not even close to having pass thrus yet. I shoot mostly field points into it, and only shoot broadheads at it to make sure they are grouping well, so that was 30-40 BH shots this year. I'm happy with how it is holding up. Any target is going to fall apart if you shoot lots of BH's at it.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:52 AM

I had a black hole and in less than 2 weeks i was shooting throught the hole. All the way through with broadhead and field tips. i shoot a arrow at 220fps or something. in the last i shoot it the whole arrow went trough. Its crap i could get better at walmart and get like 3 of the darn things and have had a target for a year not half a month.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:46 AM

ARKANSASBOWHUNTER, I DID HAVE A RATCHET STRAP ON MINE TO BIND IT TOGETHER & STILL GETTING THE PASSTHROUGHS.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:48 PM

guys,

the block and black hole are only made to really shoot field tips in that's it!!!! it will last you almost forever!!!! If you want to shoot broadheads use a target like the cube which is made to shoot broadheads into or I hear good things about Morrells yellow Jacket target.
The cube is made by American Whitetail company, it has it's drawbacks also if you shoot field tips in it you will need a crane to get them out because of the bonded layers it is made of but if you shoot broadheads they come out easy!! this is what i use 2 different targets for 2 different heads, my block has lasted 3 years with no sign of falling apart yet and my cube 4 years now..... just my .02
Old 02-27-2005, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not impressed with my block. I only shoot field tips and still have pass throughs.[:@]
Old 02-27-2005, 09:05 AM

jamaltwy,i just looked in my cabelas book and it states.DESINGNED TO BE SHOT WITH FEILD POINTS AND BROADHEADS IN EXCESS OF 330 FPS.Now if this is true than why does primetimearcher shoot through his at only 220 fps?JUNK THAT'S WHY[:'(]
Old 02-27-2005, 08:55 PM

i agree they are both junk even for field tips, i bought an morrell eternity bag alot better than that dam layered junk
Old 02-28-2005, 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: savedbygrace

Well, let me just tell ya what happened to me last night.I was out shooting my bow. I was shooting into block(I havent had a chance to go & buy a new target since my block is shot up after only 3 mths of shooting into it). I have one or two small areas that still are relatively intact, so I use those areas. I had my block set up in front of my metal building, approx. 4 feet from it. I know thats not a good place to put it, but my yard is small & thats the only place I have. So, I nocked an arrow with a crimson raptor broadhead on it. I shot my bow then I heard POW!. It sounded like a .22 going off. Well I knew what happened. My arrow went through my block (mind you I'm shooting @ a distance of 20 yards) and then went through my building. Sure enough when I looked behing my target, all I saw was a hole in my building. Well, thats not the end. I went inside my building to get my arrow, and when I got inside I saw the REAL damage. After entering my building my arrow hit the side of my $70.00 trolling motor battery. The broadhead was buried inside my battery & battery acid was spilling on my floor. AHHHHHH! Well thats just my luck. But anyway I guess it could have been worse. Anyway, I am through with my block. Thanks for listening, just needed to vent.
well at least you can say you broadheads work extremely well...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.