HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   All Stabilizers Created Equal? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/86516-all-stabilizers-created-equal.html)

DavidPaul007 01-14-2005 10:12 PM

All Stabilizers Created Equal?

No, I'd imagine not. I'm trying to pick out a stabilizer for my '04 Mighty Mite that is on it's way. I went by bass pro to pick up my wisker biscuit today, and was looking at the choices of stabilizers they have. The Doinker's caught my eye (I've heard good things about them), and so did the modular Stabilizer system by Sims Laboratories (I dont' see these on the website however).

I've also heard great things about the Stealth stabilizers. How is one supposed to know what works good for your specific bow? I'm sure that one stabilizer can't be perfect for all bows out there. Buying several and trying them all really isn't an option as I dont' have that much money to blow.

Any suggestions/thoughts?

bigbulls 01-14-2005 10:29 PM

RE: All Stabilizers Created Equal?

You should definetly look at the LORE stabilizer made by Carolina Archery Products. This is an extremely effective stabilizer and fairly inexpensive too. They even come with a braided wrist sling. It looks really good too.;)

It uses six press fit rods that act like a "tuning fork" to transfer vibration into the soft rubber they surround and also a mushroom type of dampner at the end.

I have used the tranquilizer, Vibracheck icon, Tru glow in the last few years. The LORE is the best one, by far, of the four I have used.

Swamp Dawg 01-15-2005 07:23 AM

The steath 6" is the best I have found.

www.stealtharchery.com

nubo 01-15-2005 08:54 AM

I agree with Swamp Dawg ,I have the 6" Stealth on my Patriot Dually and have used a couple other's for that fact .I liked the Stealth the best . I think it's like a bow go with what feel's right . I understand what you mean by not being able to buy more than one ,but if you go to your shop I'm sure they'll have a few on display that you can try out ,at least they do at my Proshop. The other way is by doing just what your doing now ,by posting here and find out what the most popular is on this forum. The Stealth is very highly regarded on this forum .

nubo

BHunter32 01-15-2005 11:21 AM

I have 6 inch stealth hunters on 3 of my bows, and until something better comes along, it is my pick. Jerry is a great guy, give him a call. Aim for the boiler room. BHunter32.

RAKTRAKR 01-15-2005 09:44 PM

I've had the 7" X-ring on mine since I got the bow back in 2000. I bought a doinker last year and my groups went to hell. So now the wife uses the doinker(no jokes please) and I'm still using the X-ring

DavidPaul007 01-16-2005 06:49 AM

wife uses the doinker(no jokes please )
Ahaha.

Thanks for the input everyone. :D

Anyone else had bad experience with the Doinker line?

buckeye 01-16-2005 07:23 AM

I have owned a few different doinkers. They make some quality stuff. I have had the simms modular that you mentioned too. It is also a nice as is all of simms stuff. The pro shops around here will let you screw on and try out any of their stabilizers inside the shop before you buy.

Have any local pro shops dave?

Sniper151 01-16-2005 08:01 AM

bigbulls, Can you add weight to the end of the LORE stabilizer?

Sniper151 01-16-2005 08:10 AM

David, Try a few different types and sizes at your pro shop. One thing that will make a noticeable difference is the balance. Combining the length and weight on the end of the stabilizer, it should hang in a neutral position when you hold your bow at arms length without holding the string. If the top dips back, you need a bit more length or weight on the end. Neutral or just a bit forward weight will really improve your groups.