Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Switchback or Allegiance? >

Switchback or Allegiance?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Switchback or Allegiance?

Old 01-21-2005, 10:46 PM

Default RE: Switchback or Allegiance?

You are on the right track in choosing your new bow it's a tuff one both bow are top shelf
binary cam brand new I am assuming will be a great seller for them but still unproven as of yet. Bowtech and Mathews make great bows good luck in your decision. I would just have one question if vibration and noise matter more than 10-12 fps and the Switchback gets you that without a bunch of stuff hanging on the limbs than I would go with the SB good luck in your decision
Old 01-22-2005, 07:02 AM

swamp dawg- they can list the weight at what they want. I have felt the bow. Maybe I should have said it felt as though it were a pound heavier. Whatever the case- it feels heavier. And by the way- Ive said this a lot and most agree.
First off, they cannot flat out lie about the weight of the bows. I believe you when you say it feels a pound heavier. I was just pointing out the fact that they are nearly identical in weight. I'm a Bowtech shooter, so it does not matter to me. I just want other people reading this forum to have accurate information.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:34 AM

How the heck do you decide?? These two bows seem so close that it comes down to personal preference. However, I for one am having trouble locating a store that carries both so I can compare side by side. Heading out this afternoon to try the Switchback, so we shall see.

luckyone
Old 01-22-2005, 09:25 AM

Go with the Mathews you won't be sorry.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:46 PM

I shot the Allegiance today and it was AWESOME. I shot it next to the new VTEC. The only problem was it was an inch too short for me. The draw was different in terms of how it pulled, but I thought it was very smooth. When I shot the VTEC, I thought it vibrated quite a bit versus the allegiance. He measured the pull at 71.5#'s versus the VTEC at 68#'s and I would have sworn the bowtech was set lighter. I haven't shot the mathews yet, but I was impressed with the bowtech.

luckyone
Old 01-22-2005, 06:47 PM

How the heck do you decide?? These two bows seem so close that it comes down to personal preference.
You answered your own question! It does indeed come down to personal preference. What may feel right to me may not be comfortable to you. I think you are making the right decision to get out and shoot as many bows as you can and then decide what fits you best. Good luck in your decision.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:41 PM

Well, it's been said several times already, but I'm going to say it again.............it is all determined by what you like!! Short and simple. They are both great bows.

Now for me, I am a pro shop, staff shooter and I am shooting the Mathews Switchback and the Ovation. Our particular shop sells Mathews, Hoyt and Bowtech (awesome, hugh!). So I get the chance to shoot any of them, whenever I like. I shot the Allegiance two days ago for the first time. I was impressed with the bow. I wasn't impressed enough, however, to even consider making it my preferred bow over my switchback. Yes, the allegiance seemed to be a tad bit faster, but that was it. FYI, my switchback chrono'd at 294 fps @ 29", 67 lbs, 415 grain Gold Tip arrow. If that's not fast, I'm Huch Finn. There was really no comparing the two in the quiet and recoil category. The switchback was superior.

Now keep in mind.....this is all ONLY my opinion. Hopefully, no one will start bashing me. We all have a choice. That's what so great about our country! By the way, I drive a Ford F-250 Super duty too!! LOL
Old 01-25-2005, 12:26 PM

Dale, I wish my dealer could sell both like yours so I could shoot them side by side. Have you chronoed the Allegiance against the Switchback? I want the SB but I like the speed they are getting out of the Allegiance. As you stated above and I've heard from a couple of other people that the Allegance is slightly faster than the SB. How much is slightly? I would be interested in those numbers if both bows were set the same with the same arrow. Anyone got those numbers?
Old 01-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Although I have shot both, I have not chronoed both. What I gather from various sources is that assuming both bows are at the same poundage and draw length the Allegiance would be around 8 to 12 fps faster.

...Goes back to personal preference.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure there are a heck of a lot of Switchback shooters that wish their bows would do the speed that was quoted by DaleBrass. Compared to most of the posts I have seen, it is a good 15 fps faster, similar specs. Maybe your bow could be part of the 8 page ads or something.
That's something like 81 ft. lbs. of KE from a 67# draw and 29".[:-]

Quick Reply: Switchback or Allegiance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.