Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 No love for the Defender? >

No love for the Defender?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

No love for the Defender?

Old 01-11-2005, 09:09 PM
c j
Typical Buck

Default No love for the Defender?

It just seems like the new BowTech Allegiance is getting ALL of the attention so far. Yet the Defender has a more forgiving brace height (7 3/8 as opposed to 7") and it's even a few inches shorter. (aka more treestand friendly) It's also listed as $100 cheaper. Yet nobody seems to be even considering it. (kinda reminds me of the Liberty/Justice situation last year. -- which, of course, I'm as guilty as any, having bought the Liberty. [&:])

Edit: 2nd question --- Why all the specific bow model threads started in the 'Technical' section? Shouldn't they be here in the Gear Review?
Old 01-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No love for the Defender?

I'm not sure if this is my place to answer, my apologies to the mod's if it isn't.

The technical thread IMO is where all the latest, greatest gear debut's. Then, once guys have a chance to use it, abuse it and find the limitations of each particular peice of equipment, they can write up a review on their opinions and post it here, in the gear review. The Technical forum seams more of a "front porch" type setting where conversations are carried on.

It is my opinion that the review forum isn't what it should be. There are not a lot of reviews and a lot of questions about certain gear.

Again, my apologies if this isn't my place to answer.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:41 PM
c j
Typical Buck

I appreciate the input, muzzyman. I just thought the 'Technical' forum was supposed to be about the technical aspects of bowhunting/archery, like how to paper tune, proper arrow spine, kinetic energy, etc.

My apologies if I stepped out of line.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah it's tough to draw a line between the 2, they sort of spill over into each other and it is nearly impossible to try to determine which actually belongs where.....as long as it isn't a picture of someone tuning a bow in a camo thong or something I usually let it slide.

As for the Defender? The bow is a honey of a thing. The ones I have seen have been quite a bit faster than the advertised speed ratings........304-306fps for a 28" model!? The brace height is a bit higher and yes it is a little shorter on length and price.
It has just the tiniest bit more jump than the Allegiance because of the lower mass weight and shallower limb angle, and due to geometry it's a bit stiffer on the draw, but otherwise it's an incredible short ATA hunting bow.
It's not the "step child" of the bunch it's just that the Allegiance is basically the "Flagship" bow of the bunch and the one that will compare most closely to the top bows from some of the other major manufacturers so we are hearing more about it.

Those who want a short ATA powerful hunting bow will love the Defender.....
Old 01-13-2005, 06:21 AM

.....as long as it isn't a picture of someone tuning a bow in a camo thong or something I usually let it slide.
What's wrong with that?