Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick Trick Broadheads

Old 08-30-2002, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Slick Trick Broadheads

Anyone seen any performance data on these broadheads? They're fixed position, 4 blade heads that claim to tune exactly the same as field points. I saw this on a website that I'll provide if asked for. I'm not promoting them, but if they hold up well and perform as they claim, it might be worth a look.

5, have you heard anything about these broadheads?

<font color=orange>Go #20!</font id=orange>
Old 08-30-2002, 08:11 AM

Default RE: Slick Trick Broadheads

I used them last year for my buck and another doe. Good blood trail from the 4 blades on both deer. Doe went a total of 10 yards, heart shot, didn't know what hit her. The buck went a about 40 yards. The blades and ferrule were still intact. I'm using them again this year after some resharpening of the blades. I have found that my broadheads do fly the same as my field points out to 40 yards at least. I haven't tried shooting any further than 40. I think 5 shot did a test of these head and think they did fairly well.

I going to use them for bear this week too. But that is only going to be a short shot. I hope the 4 blades will give me massive tissue damage for a good blood trail and quick bleed out of the animal.

Old 08-30-2002, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are very good heads, accurate, strong, and this year they are sharp. They reall make a big hole in what they hit. I believe you will be pleased with the results if you give them a try.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 09-03-2002, 05:16 PM

I stacked a muzzy 4 blade on one Sunday and broke the head off inside the shaft of the arrow. I like the head but was a little suprised that you could break one that easy. I do the same thing to my muzzy's all the time and have never had that happen. Other than that they fly great, and are really sharp.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:45 PM

Roland...What did you do to which head? You stacked a muzzy 4 blade on a slick trick? broke the head off in the arrow?
Old 09-10-2002, 08:01 AM

I just bought 6 of these based on the recommendation of a buddy of mine. He claims they do fly just like a field point. He hasn't had a deer go more then 40 yards on him while using these.

I'll let you know how they fly when I test mine.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe they are the most accurate fixed blade broadhead now on the market. I am going to upgrade their score from a 24 to 25, based on this fact. I belive they deserve the highest accuracy rating.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 09-12-2002, 12:23 AM

In my early testing, I found the blades to be MUCH more durable than the Muzzy 100 or SHockwave 100. But these are EARLY tests.