Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The Block: Worth the price? >

The Block: Worth the price?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The Block: Worth the price?

Old 02-01-2005, 10:29 AM

Default RE: The Block: Worth the price?

For a target that will outlast even bag targets check out the velocicore based targets at www.archerytargets.com they will outlast the block a hundred shots to one.
For broadheads check out the new crossbow and compound king targets, better than the yellow jacket and they cost less!
Old 02-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Another vote for The Cube.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:59 PM

I have a Block target, but it seems to be no better than the rest. I shoot pass throughs all the time. When you pull broadheads out of it, the cut pieces of layering come out too! I won't buy another one.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:38 AM

I have the black hole. So far so good. Only shoot it a few times however. Hopefully it will hold up for me, only plan on shooting field points for the next few months. I have heard that the yellow jacket is one of the better targets you can get.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

My dad and I have a block target that we shoot at in our basement. Even my mustang is putting arrows all the way thru the block. Once when my dad was shooting his muzzy's with practice blades on them the broadhead went all the way thru the block and thru the plywood we had behind it, and that was in the corner of the target! Foam is starting tear out when I pull my arrow out to. I dont think I will own another one of these again.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:13 AM

bought the black hole last summer and it got tore up quick.Have 2 friends with same problem.One buddy called company and they told him send it back and they would send him a block if he paid the difference.Also told him the black hole isnt made for high speed set ups.His block is holding up but I'm looking for something else.