HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Carbon Express arrows-enough! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/84048-carbon-express-arrows-enough.html)

DoninVa 12-26-2004 07:03 PM

Carbon Express arrows-enough!

I bought a dozen CX 200 about 8 months ago. After shooting them about a month, I noticed they were getting splits up and down the shaft. They were about 4" from the tip. I talked to the guy where I bought them and he said, this was the third dozen he had in the last year. Told me to call Gametracker and if they wouldn't take care of them, he would. I called and after being told I should have used the CX300 and telling the "tech" he needed to chage HIS spine chart (I was right in the middle for CX200's) They gave me a new dozen. They seemed to be better. The new one's were a dark black and the old one's were a light dull black. After shooting them for a couple of month, I started getting a broken one every couple of days. I would pull from the target and when checking, I would find a split across the shaft and a little pressure would snap it like a pencil. I figured I was hitting the shafts with another shaft so I started shooting at different spots with each arrow. Still getting a broken arrow every now and then. My target is made from black board like most archery ranges have and I've shot several brands of arrows with no trouble. At 80.00 a dozen, I will have to try a different arrow and I'm through with Carbon Express[:@]. Don

rifleman308 12-27-2004 12:11 AM

RE: Carbon Express arrows-enough!

I got some pictures from a friend and its pretty bad. The arrows are "Carbon Express" arrows made by Game Tracker. I am sure they will have to pay dearly for this one.

rifleman308 12-27-2004 12:14 AM

Here is another pic of the arrow.

wihunter402 12-27-2004 07:04 AM

I know any arrow can do that but it sure makes you think about CX. I have shot both CX and Gold Tip. Both seem to shoot just fine. D@mn that sure must hurt. How did that guy come out? Any nerve damage?

XArmy55 12-27-2004 06:04 PM

Good ol' Korean Express!!! No thanks...

rifleman308 12-27-2004 07:47 PM

I don't know how the injury worked out but it hurts to look at it. I am sure he wanted to just pull it out when it happened but that is when the pain would set in.

Shootem up870 12-27-2004 08:37 PM

he was most likely shooting an underspined arrow. which wouldnt be carbon express's fault. i have a dozen of terminator hunter arrows and i like them so far.

extreme1 12-28-2004 09:25 AM

I have been shooting the CX 300's for a while now and just absolutely love them.Havent had any problems what so ever.
I wonder what the story is with the guy with the arrow stuck through his hand is.I really dont think it was the arrows fault,probably something the shooter done like underspined the arrow.This could have happened to anyone with any NAME BRAND arrow.

rifleman308 12-28-2004 04:57 PM

It was the arrow as far as I have heard. The arrows where being used in a 3D target for a short while and this happened. The rest of the arrows had some signs of problems already also. I was told to stay away from them until it was investigated entirely. I will not buy any until I hear different. I thought I would trough in a picture of a bunny that was raised in my back yard this year.

DoninVa 12-28-2004 07:21 PM

I started this post to make everyone aware of the problems I've had with these arrows. After seeing what could happen, even if only one in a million shots, I will not shoot all carbon arrows again. I seriously doubt the massive injury shown in the post above could have been caused by an underspined arrow. If this is the case, PLEASE, everyone shoot way overspined arrows, for your sake. I would suspect the arrow was damaged on a previous shot and was not caught. I have had two CX 200 and one CX300, when pulled from the target, break as they were pulled out. I wish all you guys, that shrug this off as an incedent caused by the shooter or bad judgement, good luck with your Carbon Express arrows but PLEASE check them each and everytime you pull them from your target. Don