Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Carbon Express arrows-enough! >

Carbon Express arrows-enough!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Carbon Express arrows-enough!

Old 12-31-2004, 12:03 PM

Default RE: Carbon Express arrows-enough!

i have killed one deer with that particular arrow
Old 12-31-2004, 12:04 PM

Old 12-31-2004, 04:58 PM

big_benny_08, good luck, hope your insurance is paid up!
Old 12-31-2004, 09:18 PM

beman carbonmetal matrix for me or xx75 aluminum. both over carbon for straightness, weight and safety.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:28 PM
Spike

These arrows were originally made in Minnesota and I used, and sold, a lot of them. They had some quality control problems at first, but got that pretty much straightened out. Then they sold this part of the business to Gametracker and they started coming from Korea and I stopped buying them. Sell mostly Black Vapor now as they are USA made. However, I and my oldest son are still shooting CX arrows. Personally we haven't have any of the problemsl mentioned in this and another post. I have seen some crack around the insert when carelessly pulled out of certain hard foam targets. I've dropped from 300's to 200's due to less draw weight and length (due to old age). I haven't hunted with an aluminum arrow for about 20 years, not that they are "bad" because they are not, but I like the idea of not having to worry about bending them. I think the new Easton ST Axis shafts look good, but don't have any actual experience with thm. They aare NOT as straight as some of the other shafts out there, but for shooting deer ar 20 +/- yds, they should be OK, much better than the wooden arrows I started with.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:29 AM

Man you guys are starting to scare me. The last two dozen arrows I've bought have been CX300's.

If you want to see some scary arrows check out the PSE line, although I heard they re-engineered them. I had Terminator Hunters (I think that what they were called, but I'm not for sure because I threw them in the trash) that I bought from a closeout of last years stuff (2003). When I was shooting at hay bails at the archery club, on more than one occasion, I had nocks fly off on impact. When I inspected the arrow I would see a hair line fracture right where the nock attaches.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I witnessed a similar instance years ago when carbon arrows were the new thing at a 20 yard indoor invatitional. I was on the first line and sat down to observe the second line shoot. There was a snap, like the breaking of a pencil, then a black puff, like smoke. A carbon had shattered when released. The shooter received some carbon particles in the arm and the cables let go. I help coach JOAD FITA at our local club. Outdoor shooting requires the intermediate male archers to shoot 80 meters and the female archers out to 70 meters. With a recure bow and light draw weights of the youth shooters carbon arrows are a plus. I will only allow the carbon wrapped aluminum arrows for class just because of accidents like the one mentioned above. You can see the damage, if any, immediately with little concerns about a major breakup.[]
Old 01-05-2005, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Well I am switching to ACC's... Straighter and just as light as Carbons... And just plain better all around... Although they are $$$, but worth it... I've shot Super Slams for 10 years, so bending is not a concern for me... If i do bend one, oh well... Carbons crack and break too... It's just the price you pay to play...