Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Thunderheads vs. Muzzys-which is better >

Thunderheads vs. Muzzys-which is better

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Thunderheads vs. Muzzys-which is better

Old 08-05-2002, 12:08 AM

Default Thunderheads vs. Muzzys-which is better

I am looking at Muzzys and Thunderheads this year for deer. Did anyone do a test on the thunderheads?? If so would you please post it? THanks and have a nice day!
Old 08-05-2002, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thunderheads vs. Muzzys-which is better

Both are high quality heads. When it comes to blade sharpness the thunderheads are a bit sharper, but the Muzzys are still plenty sharp. The Muzzzys are stronger and the blade retention system is better. You won't go wrong with either choice, but I personaly prefer the Muzzys.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 08-05-2002, 12:36 PM

5 Shot, which of the two broadheads flies the closest to a field point???
Old 08-05-2002, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can help you with that one. Either one will fly like a field point. They both are excellant heads, and I concur with 5-shot that the thunderheads are a little sharper, while the muzzys are probably more durable, with better blade retention.

NRA,UBP,BASS Member
New Stanton,PA
Old 08-05-2002, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

To be honest I belive they are about the same when it comes to accuracy. If I were pushed into giving an answer I would have to say Muzzy, but I really am not sure. Both fly great out of all my setups.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 08-05-2002, 07:38 PM

i would have to say the muzzy's. they r really put together and when u hit them...u hit them. i am sure the others r as good, but the muzzy head is BULLETPROOF.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thunderheads have always flown better for me . I had one bow that I could get decent groups with muzzys ,I took a nice hog with that bow and the muzzy worked very well with a 55 lb bow and a slower heavyer arrow . I wish I coud get muzzys to fly I think their design is one of the best .

If information provided by the members of this board have helped you please let us know .
Old 08-10-2002, 08:31 PM

I have used thunderheads and think they are an excellent product.Ive never tried muzzys but have heard a lot of praise on them also.
Old 08-11-2002, 07:14 AM
nub

I shoot a lot of broadheads for practice and leagues. In fact nothing but for the 2 or 2.5 months before my season starts. We shoot mostly into dirt and sand, but I do shoot the block and 3D targets also. Nothing holds up like a Muzzy. Nothing keeps their blades like a Muzzy. Plus you can buy new tips and blades. Great heads, great design.

Old 08-17-2002, 09:41 AM

I have used and tested the Muzzy 100gr 3 Blade broadheads for over a year. They are very accurate, almost amazing accurate. In my pre hunting test this year I was looking for atleast four arrows ready to go that flew the same. All six went through the same hole at 20 yards! As to durable, I did rip a nice hole through my target by then and the Muzzy hit an cement pillar. The darn Trocar tip ripped a gash in the cement! Of course the tip was in bad shape (sharpness) not bent. I decided that was better than needed and went on with hunting this year. Antelope season started here in Colorado on the 15th (AUG). I shot a good Pronghorn buck on opening day at long range. At long range the Muzzy shattered the bucks front left shoulder, went through the ribs, through the lungs and out the right rear in front of the hind corner. The buck ran quickly then flipped hind over forward 2 times, got back up and went another 50 yards. When field dressing it was very similar to rifle shot animals of the past minus the huge black shock spot that wastes a lot of meat.
I will tell you what the Thunderheads will do on Elk soon. I am going to buy a pack of the heavier 125 gr 3bld and try them the same as I went through the Muzzy. Would I use Muzzy again? Hell yes!

Quick Reply: Thunderheads vs. Muzzys-which is better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.