Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

hind sight users

Old 12-07-2004, 06:49 AM

Default hind sight users

okay, in my quest to get rid of my peep on the string, and after pouring through lots of old posts, i am thinking of trying the hind sight. i do have a couple of questions for hind sight users though. just how durable is this thing? it does kind of stick out from the riser a bit. a bit of my hunting involves spot and stalk, and i am afraid that i could hang the sight on some brush or something. will this be enough to get it out of alignment, or worst yet, break it off? and speaking of alignment, does it ever get out of alignment? do you locktite any nuts? anyone?
Old 12-07-2004, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: hind sight users

I don't own one, but a buddy of mine did.... I'm just telling you his experiance... He hated it.... It was hard to sight in and he caught it on everything, then it finnally broke... He was glad, it gave him a reason to get rid of it... Maybe others have had good luck with them, but he didn't like it one bit...
Old 12-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had mine for two years now love it,helps your form
and tightens up your groups!
Old 12-08-2004, 06:14 AM

coyote170, but how rugged is this thing? what model do you have? i am considering the hind sight ii that compliments your existing site. seems xarmy55 is describing what i am fearing with this thing. to look at it, it just doesn't seem all that durable, but without trying one out for my self, i just can't be sure. that's why i am asking for any input from the boards.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:04 PM

I dont have one either but I have heard good things. My freinds dad installed one to get rid of his on-string peep and ended up correcting a otherwise undetectable torqing problem he had. After using it for about a year, he reinstalled his on-string peep and discovered another torqing problem. He now has both peep sights. He is satisfied with his set up, but he hunts exclusively from a treestand, so his system might not work for you. Im a beliver of his set up though, he is the only person to I have ever seen shoot a two inch group at fourty yards.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:55 PM

I used the hind sight about 2 years ago. It will help you form a lot. It forces you to hold the bow correctly. After I installed it my groups were so tight I was damaging the arrows. As for hunting I do most of my hunting from a tree stand and found when you get your body all twisted trying to get a shot, it is very hard to get the crosshairs to line up. As for spot and Stalk it probably work great. As for durability I never had a problem.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

show me--try a no peep first.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:18 AM

ORIGINAL: o2bebowhunting

show me--try a no peep first.
yeah, i know that the no-peep is extremely popular on the boards, but the one thing that i don't like about the no-peep is that you have to look at the no-peep for anchoring while looking at your pin for aiming...seems like someone could screw that up during the heat of the moment. at least with the hind sight, you can anchor properly and aim just by looking at the pin...i believe that both systems have advantages and disadvantages over the other, but i think i'm leaning toward the hind sight. i'm just wondering about the durability of it...any other comments? anyone want to tell me why i should get the no-peep instead of the hind sight? has anyone tried both? what were your thoughts?
Old 12-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I put my gear thru this year I wouldnt worry about
durablity,buy and use it,good luck!