Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

no peep testimonial

Old 07-18-2002, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default no peep testimonial

I recently purchased a no peep and have been very impressed. I formerly used an in line peep and had good results but never really cared for the view. One day it flew off during a shot and I never replaced it. I went to a kisser button and thought I was getting a pretty consistent anchor point. I fact while my anchor was consistent, my head tilt could still vary. I read about the no peep and decided to give it a try. I will admit it took some work to get in aligned but once I did it I found immediate improvement and tightening of my groups. The next test will be to see how well it stays in alignment (it would obviously cause some problems if it tends to move as a result of vibration or getting bumped). If it does stay in place I think its a great product.
Old 07-21-2002, 02:27 PM

Default RE: no peep testimonial

I am thinking about getting a Timberline no-peep. The local shop has sold some, but 7 of the 8 that bought them no longer shoot them so the shop quit carrying it. I am going to try to get a used one from them. I want it to get the last 10 minutes of time of the hunting, as it stands now with a low light [big peep] sight, I can only shoot until about 15 minutes after sunset into the shadow areas. Most of were I hunt is shadowed and the peep quits working before the sights and the daylight. I have missed many shots from this and would like to correct it. I think the last 10 minutes are the best hunting time period and am willing to give up some time and accuracy otherwise for that time.

Any naysayers on Timberline?
Old 07-21-2002, 04:48 PM

Default RE: no peep testimonial

I like the no-peep, have not had problems with it getting out of
whack once adjusted. It is a pain to set up. My thought was that
I would not use it forever but would take it off once I had more confidence in my form and return to it, perhaps on one of my bows, from time to time.

I have four bows and have a no peep on each. Some day I am going to go down to two bows and will have a no peep on only one.