Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Easton vs. Carbon Express????? >

Easton vs. Carbon Express?????

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Easton vs. Carbon Express?????

Old 12-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Easton vs. Carbon Express?????

I had a bad experience with the terminators. I shot an elk 2 years ago with one. I was using that tipped with a phantom broadhead. The elk was at 10 tards and it was a perfect broadside shot. The arrow went right into the sweet spot and burried to the fletches(I usually get pass throughs???) When the elk ran off I noticed that the back leg was acting funny. I recovered the elk within 75 yards but when I inspected closer on the inside, I noticed that the arrow hit one lung and ricoched into the back leg from a perfect broadside shot. Not good any way you look at it. I decided to stick with the arrows and switched broadheads to a muzzy. Last year I had another pass through. My biggest concerns were why did the arrow deflect(80 foot pounds). The broadhead should have cleared the way, and also , why did the arrow break inside the elk and angle back. The arrow had to have broken at the time of the shot for it to angle like it did. This year I am shooting my a/c/c's for elk. We will see what that brings.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

I shot Easton arrows for years, but switched to Carbon Express 3D Selects 3 years ago. I have not looked back since. The 3D Selects are by far the best arrow I have shot. Very consistent, straight and durable.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Very pleased with carbon express arrows.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:30 PM

elkcrazy8,

when the arrow is penetrating the elk, a lot of times thier natural reflexes is to snap the arrow with their hind foot, when the arrow is buried inside the vitals of the elk, when they run it causes severe hemroging, that is why when you gut them out, you need to be very careful as their could be a shards of the arrow, or a broadhead in there. this could be the explanation to your arrow being lodged inside the elk at an unnatural angle.

it doesnt necesarily take a pass through to bring down an elk.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Archer 18. The arrow was buried up to the fletch.this tells me that the arrow broke off inside. It still had the whole arrow inside the cavity. Imedialty upon running the back leg was kicking out. I know that animals can kick at the arrow. I have seen it, but this one definatly snapped.