Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Triska/ Savora

Old 06-28-2002, 09:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Triska/ Savora

Has any one used either one of these internally opening broadheads (Triska / Savora). Since most mechanicals don't usually leave much of an entrance wound anyway it seems that it makes sense to save the blades until they are inside the animal. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Old 06-29-2002, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Triska/ Savora

I haven't used the savora Mech but I have used the Triska. Even the 100 grain still has a 2 1/4" cut so you better have plenty of Kinetic Energy to punch it though. If I remember right the 125 grainers had something like a 2 3/4 " cut. The blades on these heads don't sweep back as far as some of the other mechs so it is critical to generate a good amount of KE. My experience with them is somewhat limited being that I have only taken one deer with the Triska (125 grain). As far as Mechs go the head is tougher than a lot of the hinge type expandables. Of course as you have already pointed out, by design they are suppose to open inside the animal and do. They are the "cats Meow" for turkeys.