Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Summit Climber

Old 11-25-2004, 06:36 AM

Default Summit Climber

I have been thinking about buying a Summit Mega Bucks Bushmaster Climbing Treestand. Does anyone here have any experience with this stand? After a fall from a treestand several years ago I have been a little apprehensive on treestands. Thanks. TerryE.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:27 AM

Default RE: Summit Climber

Terry, I have both the Lone Wolf sit and climb and the Summit Viper. They are both excellent stands that are easy to set up, are very quiet, and grip the tree very well. I recommend checking them out. The Viper is about $100 cheaper and IMO more comfortable.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:34 AM

Stonyrvr, Thanks for the info. I haven't really decided on a Climber yet, still looking. It will be for next year anyway. Thought I would purchase one this winter and have plenty of time to practice with it. TerryE
Old 11-25-2004, 08:47 AM

Terry, I used the Lone Wolf for a couple of years and this year bought the Summit because there are no bolts/nuts to loosen up. It doesn't fold down like the Lone Wolf but I climb up 15-25 feet in the Summit and feel very comfortable-and I'm not real excited about heights.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:02 AM

Stonyrvr, heights don't really bother me much, it's just the sudden stop that hurts. I had a hook on a small load-binder break on a stand that I was in about 12 years ago. I dropped about 12 ft and landed in the sitting position then the stand landed on top of my head. Luckily I had no serious injuries. No safety HARNESS. I have pretty much hunted on the ground since. I have looked at the Lone Wolf and Summit climbers. Cabela's has the Summit Bushmaster for $150.
Thanks for the replys. TerryE.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

Terry.. you can pick up a Summit Viper or any other new stand at your local sporting goods stores for really cheap right now. At our local Gander Mtn.. they just had them on sale for $170... this stand normally retails in the $229 range. Most stores are trying to clearance them out to keep from getting stuck w/ the previous year's offerings.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Spike

Question for you Summit Viper users. Do you use your stand for bow hunting? I'm wondering if the bar will interfere with bow movement when trying to take a shot. Wondering if maybe the Cobra X4 might be a better choice for this reason? I don't own a climber, but am looking into them.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The rail could possibly get in your way if you shoot sitting down. I shoot standing up and I do not have any problems. The Viper is a great stand and super comfy, allowing many hours in the deer woods. I also have a Bushmaster top assembly that I use as well. It is suprising how comfortable it is to sit in.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:50 AM

I have the Summit Viper and I love it. You can shoot standing in it without any problems. I also think it is easier and safer to climb than the Cobra model. You also have the added safety of the bar when you are sitting. The new Viper X4 is all aluminum so it weighs around 20 lbs.

Good luck. I don't think you could go wrong buying a Summit Viper.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:20 PM

I too have the Summit Viper and is a great stand. Relatively quiet to set up and climb in. Very stable and comfortable too. I have never had it make one noise while going from sitting to standing. YOu won't be dissapointed, in my opinion, getting one.

Quick Reply: Summit Climber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.