Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Summit Climber

Old 12-08-2004, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summit Climber

It's a nice stand, light and easy to carry and pack. It's a little harder to climb with vs the other stands that allow you to "sit and climb". The comfort was be as great as something like a viper or goliath, but it's still not bad considering the compact design. I prefer stands with a bar in front for extra comfort and easy climbing but the bushmaster is an excellent bare bones style climber.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:08 PM

Hello!!

First post here..... Great site.. been lurking for awhile but I just have to review this stand.

Just got a ViperXLS stand and used it for the first time this evening. All I can say is un "Bleepin" believable. So easy to set up, safe comfortable, I just can't believe I have waited this long to replace my old stand. I have been hunting out of a TM Hunter for years (show my age alittle) Although this was state of the art in its day, what a peice of crap. I must admit, it has served many years of hunting, many years of huggin a tree to climb, many years standing for hours till I would have to kick the tree just to get feeling back in my feet, many years of that oh so slight slip that gives you the cold sweats and races the old ticker a bit.

For my first trip out with it, (in the rain) it was pure joy (except for the rain) I still have to develope my little systems with it, and maybe a few minor mods, (bungee for speed stirrups) but I just can't wait to get it back out for a nice long morning or afternoon hunt. Going from a waist tether to the 4 point harness is going to take some getting use to also, very awkward with the strap above my head. I sat in the seat, turned and sat on the bar , even stood awhile (out of habit) I'm guessing you can tell what I think of it after my first time out. all in all.........................un "bleepin believable. If your thinking about one, get it!! You won't be sorry

Mark
Old 12-10-2004, 09:25 PM

Well it looks like my new stand will be a Summit Viper. Now all I have to do is get my Wife to see it my way. That could take some work as she says I spend to much money on bowhunting anyway. Thanks for all the replys. TerryE
Old 12-11-2004, 05:04 AM

Terry,

Just from the safty factor alone I would say it is well worth the investment. My wife got pissed when I told her I ordered mine, but only because she was planning on getting me one for Christmas. I told her this was something I would prefer buying myself. I did alot of research on it on the net and Summit seams to be the leader hands down. I have seen alot of cheaper ones out there, but I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for. I bought mine on ebay and maybe didn't get the best deal that I could have, but most of the retailers around here were sold out and I wanted it for our PA late season archery. Can't wait to get back out..............Good luck

Mark
Old 12-13-2004, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

I am a Lone Wolf user for the simple fact that it folds up so thin and is very easy to use. However it is not the most comfortable stand I have ever used and one of the more expensive. As far as the Summit, do they fold up to make packing easy or do they hang off your back and catch on every pc of brush you walk through.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:42 PM

KONK,

There is a price to pay for comfort and safty. My model (the viper) does not fold flat. I believe summit does make one that does, but Im not sure.
My old stand was basicaly a piece of 3/4 plywood with a metal band that went around the tree. Can't get much flatter than that. Still it would get caught up from time to time. After hunting out of the summit once, this will be my stand of choice. I'll suffer some on my walk in & out of the woods, but when I am in my tree where comfort, silence & safty matters most, I'll be livin large!!

Mark
Old 12-15-2004, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Handy, I think I"ll check out these Summit stands at the Wisconsin Deer and Turkey Expo in April. Every other stand manufacture will be there also.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be getting a new Viper way before next years season starts.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

Konk, you can buy the new seat with backrest from Lone Wolf for $29 to put on your sitnclimb........its very comfy.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:05 PM

The Summit bullet backpacker folds flat for easy storage and "backpacking". It is the same as the viper X4, but folds totally flat. I have it, and love it.

Quick Reply: Summit Climber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.