Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
"classic test" Satellite mag 100 grn. >

"classic test" Satellite mag 100 grn.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

"classic test" Satellite mag 100 grn.

Old 04-24-2002, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default "classic test" Satellite mag 100 grn.

Satellite mag 100 grn test results
Accuracy 4 points
Plywood 1 point
Steel drum 3 points
Tire 3 points
Blades 3 points
Non-mechanical head 2 points
Cutting diameter 3 points
Total score 19 blade sharpness rating of B

This head looses blades very easy. In the plywood it went all most all the way through, and stayed together, until I tried to pull the head out. In the tire it went through one side with several inches of shaft, but lost one blade. In the steel drum it penetrated one side with the tip sticking in the far side, but lost 2 of three blades. The accuracy was good, grouping right with my field points and Muzzys. All and all though I think this is about the worst fixed/replaceable blade broadhead I have tested. The blades fall out way to easy mostly for the same reasons the Thunderheads loose blades. The difference is that the thunderheads are of much better quality. The O ring is the reason both heads loose blades, but it takes a much greater impact to make the thunderheads loose one, where as the satellite heads loose blades far to easily for me to recommend them to anyone. For just about the same price Thunderheads, Muzzys , Rocky Mtn premiers and several others are a much greater choice.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:39 PM
nub

Default RE: "classic test" Satellite mag 100 grn.

5shot: What size shaft were you shooting? I will be sticking with my 125 gr. Muzzy's but was just curious. I imagine they would have a serious problem on a skinny shaft such as my ACCs.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:40 PM

first deer i ever killed with a bow was with a sat. 100. it worked great on him, but ever pack i've gotten since will not hold blades very well. very poor quality control, and i will not buy them again, as i've found thnderhead 100's to be much better, regardless of price.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nub, I first tried them on carbon arrows, cabelas to be exact, then on aluminum. In both cases I lost blades, it realy didn't seem to matter which shaft it was.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS