Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Cuddeback ?'s

Old 11-16-2004, 02:32 PM

Default Cuddeback ?'s

I've been watching Ebay and seeing the Cuddeback Digital camera sell for great prices. This winter I want to sell my DC-100 and get a Cuddeback. My questions are: Does the camera have a viewer on the back so that you can see the pictures before you print them? My digital printer is not hooked up to my computer. Can I run a USB cable from the camera to my computer to view and save the pictures? Is there a problem with the camera taking pictures too late? I've heard it takes a while for the camera flash to warm up once it is activated. How long do you get form the 4 D-cell batteries? Some say weeks and other's say months. I'd like to know any tips or other problems you have had with the Cuddeback also.
Thanks
Old 11-18-2004, 09:25 AM

Default RE: Cuddeback ?'s

I got a Cuddeback this year and have been very pleased with it. The pictures are great in the day time and night time. I am having problems with the video mode but I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet. It does not have a built in display to view the pictures. It uses a flash card for memory. I have a digital camera that uses the same card so I just put it in my camera to view the pictures. You can buy a cheap hand held tv that plugs into the Cuddeback to view the pictures also. There is also a firewire to connect to your pc. I have a flash card reader that I use to copy pictures to my pc with so I can just swap memory cards and leave the Cuddeback in the woods. In advanced mode there is a battery meter. Mine was in the woods for 2 weeks and it was still reading 3 bars, 4 being max.

As far as tips, I think I'm going to buy a small tv so I can see what it's aimed at better when setting it up. Make sure you use the torx screw and lock that thing up. I had my Stealth Cam stolen. No big deal cause it was a POS.

Hope this helps with your decision.