HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Hoyt Aerotech? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/7915-hoyt-aerotech.html)

arrowsmit 04-02-2002 08:34 PM

Hoyt Aerotech?

Anybody shot one of these?

55#recurve 04-10-2002 11:54 AM

RE: Hoyt Aerotech?

I haven't..... But I have shot my Merlin Apex riser with FX limbs and it is the smoothest shooting bow I have had the pleasure of shooting. The guy that owns calgary archery centre shoots an AXIS, it seems pretty smooth so I would Imagine that the Aerotech is also very smooth shooting.
I would almost gaurantee that my riser shoots as smooth though. When the string goes I don't realize it's gone until the bow follows through in a smooth arc. I do know that Al's Axis is vibration free and the grip is streamline and the overall construction is good. It's best to do a little research I guess.
good shooting.
Dylan

>>>>--------o-->

55#recurve 04-11-2002 11:47 AM

Really? the hoyt Aerotec kicks? Are you a recurve shooter Deerhntr?
Hmmmm I actually find that very funny if it does. Some people were trying to lull me into buying the Aerotec but I chose to go with the Merlin Apex. Guess I made the right choice. Good shooting all.
Dylan

>>>>--------o-->

arrowsmit 04-29-2002 07:57 AM

Well, after shooting my Aerotec/FX limbs for a week I have to say (even tho I hardly do this set-up justice) it's by far the best shooting bow I've ever had my hands on. With Hoyts "short" FX limbs @ 50# & a 400 gr 2312 @ 220 fps, it's gonna be a killer 3D rig!! Kick? Hmmm, I don't feel no stinkin kick! Hehehe!

55#recurve 04-30-2002 11:33 PM

I didn't figure so Arrowsmit. I was just humoring that foolishness.
Those FX limbs are really sweet eh? I think they are awsome on my Apex riser. This is my set up.
Riser:Merlin-Apex
Limbs:Hoyt FX 42# Medium
Sight:Sur-Loc FITA extreme
Stabilizers: 1 black forest 3 tuner 30" beiter centralizer,
1 beiter silver v-bar, 2 12" 1 tuner blackforest side rods.
Limb saver stabilizer enhancers, one on the centralizer, one
on the rear stabilizer hole left side.
Clicker: 6/32 .25 beiter with grey end cap.
Button/rest: Beiter plunger, cavalier T-300 rest.
Arrows: CT Mckinney's 28.25" Holo green Kurly vanes, Red beiter nocks, 80gr break off SS point. FOC 9.1
Roughly.
For the money I forked out on this equipment, I will get coached and practice until I am worthy of its grandure... At which time I hope Im @ the Olympics in the finals of elimination. Good shoot Arrowsmit and good luck. Same to the rest of ya.
Dylan

arrowsmit 05-01-2002 03:16 PM

Wow Dylan, sounds like a world class set up you have there & yep, I love these FX limbs! Best luck on your archery endeavors bro! Please be sure & keep us posted on your Olympic quest!!!

Edited by - Arrowsmit on 05/06/2002 05:25:41