Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

broadheads

Old 11-14-2004, 03:22 PM

Default broadheads

lookin for a broadhead that flies like fieldpoints any suggestions I'm using Muzzy 100 grains now and had to do adjusting after I spent all summer shooting field points Muzzy's shoot about 3 inches down and about 2 inches to the right then my fieldpoints is this normal with broadheads?
Old 11-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: broadheads

You might look at NAPS crossfire flys great does a
super job on the animal shoots like a field point!
Old 11-15-2004, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/TUNING.html
Read this it should help you get your Muzzys flying well. You will find other good info on the other pages as well.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

I have never had any problems with muzzys shooting differnet than my field points. Muzzy 75grs
Old 11-18-2004, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

stick with your muzzies. Just put a mark on your site for field tips and a mark for broadheads and you'll always have a referance point. Doing alittle adjustment once or twice a year is better than going to mechanicals IMO.Taz
Old 11-30-2004, 06:34 PM

Have U ever tried NAP Spitfire mech. broadheads? Fly great and devastating. I have used everything under the sun and these are amazing. Before you knock them try them.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's never a problem with the broadheads. It's paying attention to detail--like broadhead alignment with the shaft. And that only works if the shafts are straight in the first place (carbon or alum makes no difference). And micro-tuning the bow/arrow combination. Most often it's all in the tuning. Just depends on how much time you want to spend and how much you want to learn.

Download the Maintenance and Tuning Guide from www.eastonarchery.com. This will help you more than any of us can explain it.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:05 PM

I am a big fan of Rocky Mountain heads & the TI-100 flies perfect for me. If you tune your bow & use the right arrows you should be able to get your Muzzy's to fly good. I no longer worry about field tips & broadheads flying together. I just sight my bows in with broadheads & shoot broadheads year round. My hunting bow is for hunting & I want it to be exactly like it will be in the woods. I want to learn exactly how my arrows fly in all kinds of weather & wind conditions & field tips will not give you a true perspective on this aspect of arrow flight.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

NAP Crossfires, NAP Crossfires, NAP Crossfires!!!!!

See previous post...
NAP Crossfires
Old 12-30-2004, 06:39 AM
Spike

Im a huge fan of the Grim Reaper broadheads. They are mechanical but probably the best head i have ever shot. No rubberbands. They are spring operated. I shot a buck this year from a ground blind and it went through the shoulder knuckle, lungs, other shoulder knuckle, then about fourty yards and into a tree. Never seen a broadhead do that before and i'm only shooting about 260fps. You should give these a whirl. I was very impressed.

Quick Reply: broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.