HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   [Deleted] (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/7876-deleted.html)

Deleted User 03-28-2002 08:05 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Deleted User 03-30-2002 05:45 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

5 shot 04-02-2002 04:27 AM

RE: Wensel Woodsman

Not a very popular head with compound shooters, espeacialy since the lite arrow craze is upon us. I will try to pick some up and test them. I am curious to see how they stack up agains the snuffers.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS

stealthycat 04-02-2002 06:56 AM

Bowhunter4life - Haven't used the Wensels but I did buy me a pack of Magnus head and I like them. Wasy enough for me to sharpen - the biggest task at hand with traditional heads. Easier to sharpen than the Phantoms I have too.

Deleted User 04-04-2002 03:16 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Wahya 04-06-2002 12:36 PM

I gave a few of them a try, but shooting them into hay bales I got considerably less penetration than the 2 blade heads I usually use. True, it isn't really a fair test and the only true test would be to use them on deer and hogs, but because I shoot what I consider to be relatively lite tackle, I just feel better with the Zwickey Eskimo 2 blades. I can see the advantage of the big hole that they'd leave but I'd prefer an exit hole too and I don't think the woodsman would give that to me on a consistent basis.

Mike

Deleted User 04-11-2002 12:18 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

AK 04-11-2002 09:57 PM

I love 'em. I've taken 3 deer with them so far, all from the ground, using the blades sharpened right to the tip. The first two heads had no damage, the third I never found after the shot...but it apparently did it's job quite well.

Deer #1 : Broadside doe at 10 yds, shot with a 65# selfbow from partial "snap" draw (mabey 45#?). Arrow penetrated to the skin on the far side of her chest. Deer went down within 25 yds, just out of sight in the dense brush.

Deer #2 : Broadside button buck at 30 yds, shot with a 65# selfbow. Arrow passed completed through the deer's chest. Deer went down within 25 yds in sight.

Deer #3 : Rear-quartering 8-point at 18 yards, shot with a 60# bamboo backed osage bow. Arrow penetrated through both lungs and broke off on the far shoulder blade. Buck actually continued to chase does just 3 feet past me! Went down 50 yds away (75 yds. total).

Deleted User 04-14-2002 01:38 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

mhogan 05-01-2002 04:18 PM

AK must of forgot to stop back it. They are wood arrows for sure. He only uses selfbows even.