HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   A Comfortable Fixed Stand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/77705-comfortable-fixed-stand.html)

mjqood0 11-02-2004 09:52 AM

A Comfortable Fixed Stand

I'm looking to upgrade from a cheap fixed stand to a nice one next year and would like suggestions as to what is the most comfortable. My current stand puts my legs and feet to sleep and is about the worst place to sit in the world. It seems that all the climbers have a nice seat that you could really relax in. Why is it that most manufacturers only make the bench style fixed stands?

Any ideas?

Snoogsdad 11-02-2004 09:08 PM

RE: A Comfortable Fixed Stand

My favorite is the Gorilla Silverback Magnum. Light, big and a comfortable seat.

W_IL_BowHunter 11-03-2004 09:22 PM

Hi mjqood0

I thought I would let you know there is a stand called the Tree sling
by buckderby. It is a fixed type stand with a sling style seat . It can
be found at www.buckderbytreeslings.com i hope this helps you out.

shoot stright >>----> and get r done!!

mjqood0 11-04-2004 07:25 AM

Hey! Thanks! Those look kinda neat!

Anyone have one of these "Tree Slings"? Are they quiet?

Capt Ray 11-08-2004 05:58 PM

mjgood0, the Gorilla King Kong. It has a very large platform, is very stable, and not overly heavy. You can get one at most Wal-Marts for $74.00 complete with an air-ride seat ($39.00 at Bass Pro) and full body safety harness. I am not a big fan of lock-on stands due to the lack of creature comforts for all day sits but this stands does "me" very well.

mjqood0 11-09-2004 09:03 AM

That is exactly my problem. My two best stand locations on my property are up in a crooked old apple tree and an old pine tree. Neither present the opportunity for a climbing stand. And let me tell you, there seem to be no alternative to the bench type seats on the fixed stands... a shame really.

Thanks for the advise. Looks like the Gorilla line will be where I look...

Mike from Texas 11-09-2004 06:27 PM

I'm gonna put my vote in for the Summit Headhunter Lite. I have a Gorilla Silverback and a Summit. "Air ride seat", whatever :eek: just ask my butt about Gorilla's seat. They are very uncomfortable to me. The seat on the Summit is much better IMO and the attachment system is 10 times better.

KBacon 11-10-2004 07:53 PM

I'd check out the summit fixed stands.. and also the Loggy Bayou fixed stands.. both are very comfortable.. and I believe that both can adjust leve to account for the lean in the tree.

ruffhunter 11-17-2004 10:08 AM

Remington 300 mag and Hunters View each make or the same stand with a sling seat like the climbers. Summit has the copperhead and Strong Built has a sling seat fixed stand, that is more like the Tree lounge style seat. These should be much more comfortable. The Copperhead will be the lightest and more portable.

scottdya 11-20-2004 07:03 AM

I put three fixed stands up on my property this year. When I was puchasing, I looked at price, size, whether or not it had a footrest, the whole deal. I purchased the biggest stand possible with armrests, a swivel seat, a flip up seat and a foot rest. Now it was steel, not aluminum, which kept the price down. 25+lbs is heavy. It sure is comfortable, but putting it up was a huge task, especially if you don't have help. If you're going to leave the stand in the tree for a couple months at a time, certainly go for comfort, not weight(arm rests and foot rests and a flip up seat, esp. for bowhunting. If you're going to be moving your stand, get something that is aluminum(lightweight) and has a quick attach mechanism. If your stand is hard to move, you won't move it. If it's not comfy, you won't be in it very long.

If you've got the extra cash and you know where you're going to put the stands, go for the Gorilla Silverback(aluminum) edition and get the biggest one they have. They seem to have the most comfortable setup for a big fixed stand and it's light because it's aluminum. If you're planning on moving the stand around, go with api or summit fixed stands. The newer ones have nice quick attach mechanisms and they are light as a feather. They also come with fantastic safety harnesses - very important.