Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt Xtec

Old 10-31-2004, 12:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default Hoyt Xtec

I have been a devoted High County shooter for many years. I just shot a new Xtec and seriously considering taking the plunge. I shot Hoyt before I went to HCA and boy have they got there stuff together now!

Anyone know any pros or cons with this bow. It's a left over 2004 with the cam and a half. Let me know what you think good or bad.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt Xtec

i have it and love it ive only got 50 pounds on it.... andit seems to throught those arrows pretty fast ..it took me all summer to save buti got it ..
Old 11-11-2004, 06:29 PM

I'd say go for it!.Thats the Bow i wanted,but they didn't have a left in stock,so i opted for the UltaMag
Old 11-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Mathews because my local archery shop didn't have much else to choose from. I love it, but now he carries hoyt also. The Xtec is one smoooooooth bow. I would have bought one if available last year. I think you will ejnoy it. I am not brand loyal, so next time I am trying every bow I can get my hands on before I buy.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've enjoyed shooting the XTEC now for a full year and I love this exceptional performer. Honestly, I have been fortunate to own many bows form several different manufacturers and the XTEC has easily become my favorite. It's perfect blend of all the shooting characteristics anyone would love in a hunting bow. Truly the most rock solid, stable shooting platform I've ever experienced. I'm now very excited to get my hands on a new '05 VTEC! You said it right in your post.... boy does Hoyt have it together these days! Get the bow, you'll love it! Heres a pic of my current whitetail rig

Old 11-14-2004, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree the xtec is a great bow and feel's very natural from the time you oick it up till you put it down,I bought the BowTech Patriot Dually for the extra speed and I really like it as well ,but if I was to go anywhere eldse I'd definetly buy the Xtec.I shot the xtec and it's creamy smooth to draw and when you release it's just as smooth,my only dislike was the wrap around riser I just didn't like it .

nubo
Old 11-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

Unless you're gonna get a good deal on it because it's a leftover '04 model, I'd wait till the Vtec arrives at your dealer. It's dimensionally the same as the Xtec..........but just when I thought they couldn't build a hunting bow that could feel better than my Xtec, shooting that Vtec may have me trading it up.......

But if you get good deal on it, get it man! You'll never want to part with it...
Old 11-17-2004, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

I know a lot of guys that used to be high country shooters and now they all shoot hoyt xtecs. They most be really great bows.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:42 PM

I have a left handed XTEC for sale, if anyone is interested send me an email.

[email protected]

Thanks!!