Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

opinions on Darton bows

Old 10-20-2004, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default opinions on Darton bows

I have a darton "striker" bow that i like quite a bit. Not the most expensive but it works well and i shoot pretty well with it. I am considering getting a new bow and shooting alot of other brands that are out there to find my fit. My question is, is darton a decent enough bow to hang on too for just a backup or is it "entry level" worth nothing really type of bow. The dealer in my area doesn't really give up his opinion.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: opinions on Darton bows

OK, first of all, you say that the bow works well and shoots well. That says a lot. I have not owned a Stiker model, but have had 3 other bows on that riser. I have had a Darton Viper for quite a few years. I keep it around for a backup because I really can't sell it for much money anyway. This bow has outshot (in my hands) more modern bows by Mathews, Hoyt, McPherson, and High Country. I still have the Viper, and the others are gone. This summer, I shot within 1 point of my best score ever with the old Viper. I guess what I am trying to say is that the way a bow shoots for you is the most important thing, and if your Striker is shooting well for you, why get rid of it. I would at least hang on to it until you are sure you have something you like better.

As far as Darton bows in general, I have 3 right now, so I guess I'm partial. My Darton Tundra is as good a bow as I've ever shot, and better than almost any other bow in my hands at least.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned a decent number of bows from various companies including the big name brands. I still have the first two Dartons I have ever owned, a wrangler and a Maverick. My son shoots the wrangler still, and the old Maverick is still a dependable back up .

Good company, good customer service when I needed it, and a great product in my opinion.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Definately not just an entry level bow. I left them to try other brands years ago and came back last year. The CPS cam system that everybody is copying shoots great and holds steady when aiming. I guess thats why everybody is copying it. I won't be leaving again.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Spike

Darton is the only bow I have ever owned. I am really partial. They are made in Michigan, great to deal with. I love my Maverick. It is not a 300fps bow like the speed freaks require, but I am shooting 275fps and doing it quietly! Nothing wrong with Dartons. If you are comfortable with a bow, you will shoot it better.....No matter what the brand is.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

i love darton, i have a darton yukon.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:52 PM

A friend of mine owns a darton maverick and I shot it and it is an awsome bow. I would have bought one myself but got a good deal on another brand.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

I used to have a darton last year and sold it cause it was too loud and the vibration was crazy. The paint job was pealing, and the string started to wear after 200 shots. I owned the Fury model. Unless darton makes some changes I will never buy again.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been involved with Archery since 1964 in that time I have owned many many bows. I bought my first Darton when they made the SL1000 model in the 70's my brother in law is still shooting that bow. I tried several other brands over the years and have always cme back to Darton. At this time I own 2 a Maverick I use all the time and a Cyclone I keep as a backup.Neither is for sale. I love them both. Both are setup with a Muzzy rest and one moveable pin both ar quite and comfortable to shoot. Entry level no way Darton is a top of the line Bow. But let me add this no bow is better or worse then its owner.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think that they are a great bow and are very high quality, my next bow is going to be their Avalanche Extreme.

Quick Reply: opinions on Darton bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.