Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The best Tree Stand nobody knows! >

The best Tree Stand nobody knows!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The best Tree Stand nobody knows!

Old 10-03-2004, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default The best Tree Stand nobody knows!

Guys,

If you're looking for a great tree stand that is lightweight, strong built, and comfortable, check out the Tree Walker tree stands.
IMO, they are better built than Summit and Lone Wolf and just as comfortable or more so.
They are really built well for their light weight.
No, I don't own one but have tested them out at shows.
They are a real sleeper of a stand.
I use and hunt out of a BuckShot Mag and love it but it's heavy and most guys hate heavy stands.
The Tree Walker is the best combination of a lightweight comfortable stand, with plenty of room, that I have seen.
No, I'm not planning to buy one as I'm satisfied with my BuckShot but thought I would give you an unbiased opinion of a great stand.
Chek out their website.
http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/

Sag.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:28 PM

Default RE: The best Tree Stand nobody knows!

A little High priced!
Old 10-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanks for the heads up but i think i'll stick with my ole man climbers, btw i have a carbon fiber ole man stand that is very light. those are some nice climbers though and if i were in the market for a new climber i would check them out, again thanks for the heads up. good luck this season
Old 10-11-2004, 08:47 AM

I would think about buying one. How do they go around the tree are there clips? There made in the USA too unlike my API which i hate.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Too high priced for me, i like summit imho. I dont like the screw in safety techniques they use, kinda hassle for me.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:59 PM

I own a treewalker pro mag, replacing my trusty summit viper xls. quick clips are used to secure the cabling. very easy to align holes due to design of cable. i am very pleased with stand and impressed with how stable the stand is, especially in hardwood trees. Much more secure than my viper was. roomier as well, and easy to face to or away from tree. i added summit rapid climb stirrups, which fit perfectly, to add stability when climbing.

take care
Old 10-23-2004, 08:45 PM

Sag:

I don't know which Buckshot you've got, but the best one I've ever owned (and I've owned them all) is the Equalizer. I thought I would never like the cables because of experiences with Ol' Man and Summit.

Not the case with the Buckshot models. Both the Centershot and Equalizer have interlocking straps that secure the top and bottom together for unparalled rigidity. When standing you can actually lean against the top and it will not move.

I used the Centershot last year and for a few months during the summer. I gave it to my son and went to the Equalizer. The ability to adjust the 'level' of the stand while climbing is something that you never realize you need until you start using it. I've been in two trees in the past week that would have been impossible without the leveling feature.

There is at least one other manufacturer out there right now that has a leveling feature. But, they don't have the other features of the Buckshot stands and you know about the Buckshot quality.

Just thought I'd share some opinions on the NEW Buckshot line.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

Len,

Got your PM, thanks.
I have the BuckShot BigShot Mag that's discontinued.
It is very high quality and stable as a rock.
But it's very heavy, for most folks, at 32lbs.
It is more comfortable than my Doc's Recliner or Tree Lounge.
Especially, when set up facing the tree.
The comfort is unbelieveable, sitting in that position.
Went to the website to check out the stand you mentioned.
It looks great and is much lighter than mine.
I mentioned the Tree Walker in this thread because it's a great stand that is comfortable and is lightweight.
But, as far as high quality, BuckShot has no peer !
Everytime I have mentioned BuckShot in the past, everyone gripes how heavy they are.
So, I decided to just keep the secret, of how great a stand they are, to myself.

Sag.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:41 PM

Sag:

The BS Equalizer is only 22#. A heck of a lot of stand for that weight.

If you get a chance, take one for a 'test drive'. We allow/recommend that at my shop. You will find comfort, security, and flexibility to be more than what you've experienced with your BS Magnum. The real secret is that the Equalizer is rated for the same weight as the Magnum. The limiting factor for the stand is the safety harness that is supplied. It seems that most of the harnesses on the market are only rated to 300#.

Besides the interlocking straps, the new models have a double jaw to bite the tree. And, as you know, there are seat positioning features that allow you to face the tree, face away from the tree, lean against the tree, or have no seat at all - which allows good 'walk around'.

The leveling feature while you climb is one feature that I'm learning to like with each and every time I use it.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:13 PM

hard to beat my trusty Summit

Quick Reply: The best Tree Stand nobody knows!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.