Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

pendulum sight

Old 10-01-2004, 08:56 AM

Default pendulum sight

What are your guys opinions on pendulum sights?
Old 10-01-2004, 11:55 AM

Default RE: pendulum sight

Pendulum sights are great for treestand shooting because you do not have to judge yardage, but you have to get them set on the ground first, which can take some skill. They are not very good target sights, but some companies have sights on the market in which the top pin can be used as a pendulum, and there are still two pins under that that you can use in target shooting. I like the concept of those sights, although I have never seen a review on them. Also, most models don't have enough fiber optics for me.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.savagearchery.com/newproducts.html

Does it all, from target to tree, also comes with tritium pin.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:02 PM

I've heard tropy ridge's new pendulum sight is supposed to be pretty good. I used their flatliner sight last year and I think they have very good quality hunting sights.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:48 AM

Check out the Cobra pendulum, it has ten feet of fiber optic, very bright, it locks down, is well made and is easy to adjust. I've taken 2 deer this year with the new model they have out and 6 deer with the old style. I think it is worth a look.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

I just got a savage pedulum with the tritium pin. It works well for me!
Old 10-08-2004, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

i use a keller pendulum and i love the sight. i had a trophy ridge and it was just terrible.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:35 PM
Typical Buck

I shot a Keller for a year or two. Good sight,dead on from the tree, just a little too much noise for my taste. My buddy has it on his bow now and loves it.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used pendelums in the past with mixed results. A lot depends on the speed of the bow. With speeds above 250fps there really is no need of one out to 30 yards. In the past with bows shooting around 260fps I've just sighted in a single pin for 25 yards. Shot the bow out to 30 yards in 5 yard increments. The high point was at 20 yards, being about 1 1/2" high. The low point was at 30, of course, being about 3" low.

Pretty much tells me if the deer is within 30 yards I just hold the middle of the chest cavity and execute a well aimed shot. You don't have to worry about judging yardage, picking a wrong pin, a pendelum that didn't swing or rattle. A lot less things to think about. The other thing being that you can still use it on the ground.

This year I got a bow shooting 280+ so there's even less to worry about. Now it's one pin out to just about 35 yards.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

I just literally got the Savage Pendulum Max on today, and I cannot say enough good about it.
The pin can be used in the stand, or on the ground without having to be locked down for 20 yds.

Sighting in took a bit longer than a conventional pin (around 45 minutes of one arrow....adjust....walk....get arrow..... started out at 10 yds and back to 15 then 20)

Once sighted in....it is now flat out deadly. I came home after a good number of shots at the shop, and went right to my range, and cosistently grouped. Tried it with broadheads too, same grouping.

I cannot wait to see what this baby does in a stand.

Quick Reply: pendulum sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.