HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   4x4 wally-world special. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/70729-4x4-wally-world-special.html)

BLACKTALON 08-29-2004 08:03 AM

4x4 wally-world special.

Tried to practice some this morning on a new target I bought 2 days ago. A Walmart special, called the "4X4" Couldn't find the brand name, but it had a picture of Knight & Hale on the packaging. It has four shootable sides, two-fieldpoint, and two-BH. I was using field points, so I shot on the f/p side. ZIP!!! Almost a complete passthru. The fieldpoint sides are covered with the woven plastic material, like on bag targets. Well that first arrows fletching is ruined.[:@][:'(] So I switched to the broadhead side, and tried that. Not too bad I guess, the first five sank in about half way, no problems!:) After four rounds of five shots at 25yds, the arrows began sinking down to the nocks.[:@] Holy crap! I know I hadn't worn the target out with less than thirty shots, this is frustrating!

This is what I shoot:
Bowtech Pro38 s/c 60#, 29"draw
Gold Tip 5575 w/100gr. tips
WB Deluxe w/QS
Trophy Ridge Matrix 5-pin

Does anyone think wallyworld will give me a hard time taking it back? I believe if its made to shoot broadheads through, then it SHOULD stop f/p's better than partial pass thru's. It's not an expensive target, just under 30 bucks, and I know you get what you pay for, but, I think maybe that taget is defective. Thoughts?

JeramyK 08-29-2004 08:46 AM

RE: 4x4 wally-world special.

Sorry to hear about the product. [:'(] I was just looking at one of these last night too at Wally-world.

wolf6151 08-29-2004 09:07 AM

Hey Blacktalon give us a review of the new Pro 38 and more importantly how was Hunters Friend to deal with? How's that new bow shoot and did Hunters Friend send it to you set up correctly and tuned? Sorry to hear about the Walmart target, take it back, the worst they can say is no and if your a married man then your used to hearing no anyway.:D

Scott A. Stauffer 08-29-2004 09:09 AM

I think u probably have a defective one.I used this target last year and it worked great for field points but wasn't very good with BH's.I would return it

Scooter

BLACKTALON 08-29-2004 05:13 PM

Took it back to walmart today, and had no problems. Got a gift card in return. That made me happy.:D

Mike from Texas 08-29-2004 09:35 PM

I see what your problem is. You shoot a Bowtech. They are just too powerful to shoot on cheap targets. :D

DaveC 08-30-2004 01:39 AM

I was tempted by that target thrice times. I'm glad I waited on the yellow jacket target. Not perfect, but plently of area to wear out.

pheasbo 08-30-2004 03:15 PM

me and a couple of buddies have been shooting the shiite out of this target with no problems, no pass throughs etc. other than my buddy's Modocs tear any target to shreds, as well as my Muzzy's if I get too close to his imbedded blade. For $27 I think this target is performing well. Broadhead side lasting longer than the 6-shooter target we were using.

texasaggiebowhunter 08-30-2004 03:20 PM

Im glad you tried it out before I bought one. :D Ive had my eye on for a week or two trying to decide if it would really hold up. I figured that with Knight & Hale on it, it must be good. Guess Ill just have to spring for the block