HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   What's the best fixed position broadhead? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/70429-whats-best-fixed-position-broadhead.html)

rochelle 08-28-2004 08:30 AM

RE: What's the best fixed position broadhead?

check out wasp bullet 100s. They have a small diameter.

BPBowhunter 08-28-2004 12:45 PM

Muzzy has always done the trick for me.

dvdegeorge 08-28-2004 02:35 PM

Mangus stinger,cut to tip and fly like a field point out of mt Outback

Bldhound 08-29-2004 02:25 AM

I like the Montecs;).

HighDesertWolf 08-29-2004 02:49 AM

My favorite would have to be a muzzy 4 blade

Old Faithful 08-30-2004 01:52 PM

Can't beat a Muzzy. And for yourself, you might try a 4 blade. Less width for less planing. More blades for more blood. I shoot the 115 grain 4 blades and wouldn't trade for nothing. I used about five different broadheads last year just to see, and nothing has the combination of flight, penetration, and damage that a Muzzy has. My 2 cents.

BowHunterChris 08-30-2004 09:05 PM

I used to shoot the Rocky Mountain Snypers. I had the opportunity to shoot the Montec G5's. I will start by saying that they shoot just like field points(on a properly tuned bow). The only thing I would say that is a slight negative is that when they are flying, they make a little hissing sound. Nothing big though. They come out of the packs pretty damn sharp and can be easily razor sharp again, using a stone. I was told by a buddy of mine, that a person he knows shot 5 deer with the same head last year and had no problems with them!

Bldhound 08-31-2004 02:38 AM

I like my Montecs...........a lot!;)

farmcntry 08-31-2004 05:21 AM

My favorite would have to be a muzzy 4 blade
Ditto.

Mykey 08-31-2004 05:25 AM

I love Thunderheads and have been shooting them for as long as i can remember. I've never had a problem what so ever with any bow i've owned getting Thunderheads to fly and group with field points and shoot very well. I have always found them to be easy to tune, they fly great and every one i've ever purchased was shaving sharp out of the package and do a number on deer. If i were to ever switch i would probably try Muzzys but i have no reason to change as long as the Thunderheads keep working.