Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

3-D Targets

Old 08-04-2004, 08:23 PM

Default 3-D Targets

I'm just looking for some feedback on everyone's top picks for 3-D targets. Not too concerned about cost, just quality. Mostly just for field points, but a few broadhead shots every now and then too. Any comments would be appreciated...thanks.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:04 PM

Default RE: 3-D Targets

I have 2 that are made by McKenzie , 1 you have to replace the entire front shoulder area i have had that one for 2 years arrows are now starting to pass thru it . the other one you replace the vital core it is about the same body size of a 200 - 225 lb deer it is a good one got it at Wal-mart for 35.00 after theseason was over and they where discounting the prices. in the stroes it runs about 125.00 don't hold me to that price ok. I also have a Delta back yard deer target and it SUCKS. my first shot my a Axis 340 from 25 yards went right thru it . it is way too soft of a target . checkout the McKenzies you will like it , go to your local Wal-Mart and have a look .
Old 08-09-2004, 12:47 AM

i say go with McKenzie...ive always heard there name and i know that they've been known for good 3-D targets..
Old 08-09-2004, 01:03 PM

If cost is not an issue, I would look at Rinehart. They make the most expensive 3-D targets out there, but they last a long time (and replacement vitals are cheaper than McKenzie). Many clubs that run 3-D shoots are switching from McKenzie to Rinehart (I believe Rinehart was used by the IBO for all their shoots last year). Durability makes up for initial cost, and it's much easier to pull arrows from Rineharts too.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Typical Buck

I have the Backyard Buck II, so far so good!
Old 08-12-2004, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is another alternative you may wish to consider, they are from R and W targets out of North Carolina. www.randwtargets.com My wife and I did quite a bit of research when selecting a 3D target to stock in the small sporting goods store we recently opened and found this source. The targets are made from the same materials as the Mc Kenzies with the same process yet they have a better appearance and are about 1/2 the cost. I don't know yet how they hold up since I haven't had any feedback either good or bad from customers that have bought them. I have a McKenzie I bought last year and a Blue Ridge I have owned for about 5 years, both are holding up pretty good as far as shoot throughs are concerned although I replaced the vitals on the Blue Ridge about 2 years ago. My main problem with both is that they are being degrade by UV from the sun and the outer 1/4 to 1/2 inch seems to be disintegrating. The R&W has a different outer coating that may or may not solve this problem, only time will tell.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

The targets are made from the same materials as the Mc Kenzies with the same process yet they have a better appearance and are about 1/2 the cost.
1/2 the price???

http://www.randwtargets.com/pages/pricesheet.html

Maybe to dealers.....
Old 08-12-2004, 08:11 AM

Another Vote for Rinehart here. Yes they do cost the most but they last forever, and you will never have to lube your arrows before you shoot at this target again. IMHO the best 3D target out there, and well worth every penny you pay for it.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:36 AM

I have a Mckenzie aim rite that I've had for 5 or 6 years. It was cheap but has stood the test of time quite well. The arrows don't pull to great though. If you're shooting broadheards into it I wouldn't recommend the aimrite.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:53 AM

Morrel Bionic Buck -- no broadheads allowed, but this thing has been in my backyard for 2 years and just keeps taking arrow after arrow. Never had a pasthrough, and you can take arrows out with 2 fingers!

Quick Reply: 3-D Targets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.