Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trophy Ridge Matrix

Old 08-01-2004, 09:59 AM

Default Trophy Ridge Matrix

Looking at these sights and wondering what you guys think? Are they any good? I shoot a little 3-D also, should I go with the 19 or the 29 pins?
Old 08-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Matrix

Great Hunting Sight.
There are better for 3-D.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you search around on here, eders, and Archery talk you will find many people that are not satisfied with TR sights. Myself included.

You will also find many that swear by them but there are far far too many people that continually have problems with them even after they have been sent back to the factory for repair or replacement, sometimes multiple times and still they have problems with them.

It's your money and you can spend it how you want bit if it were my money I would spend it on another sight.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the TR sights and have been very happy with them. I have been using them since last spring. I have not heard of anyone having problems with them. Now that I have used the vertical pins I cannot and will not go back. I hope some of the people bigbulls talks about with problems post here. I would like to know what problems people have had.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I to have been very happy with my TR sights. My favorite model is the 3-pin .029" Matrix. The .019 just seem a tad to small for low light deer hunting scenerios. They're great sights, you'll love 'em.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:11 PM

I shot the trophy ridge 3 pin matrix last year and had no problems. This year I decided to put it aside and try the trophy ridge mantis pendulum. Boy was that a mistake. I took the mantis out, set it up, shot a dozen times-maybe, and put it right back in the pack. The problem? It sounded like a rattle trap. Awful vibration noises. My suggestion is if you want a trophy ridge, stick with the matrix.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:24 PM

The matrix also has the harmonic dampener system which is nice!
Old 08-19-2004, 05:38 AM

They are ok except you have to tighten them down really good, the one I had had both a thumb screw and the allen screw. Use the allen screw and thighten it up really good when your sighted in.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:28 AM

I have the matrix guide series 5 pin. I am a noob so don't have any experience w\other sights. So far it seems to be working well for me. I haven't shot over 30 yds, so I have only dealt with the top two pins. The micro-adjust windage\elevation is kinda cumbersome, you have to loosen the allen bolts, then you can use the micro-adjust, then tighten the allen bolts back down, remember to do it. Overall it is probably overkill for me and I could've gone with a less expensive sight, TR is proud of 'em, but you only live once. Get the thicker pins.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

I have it and would recommend it. Get the .019 pins. I prefer the three pin. I actually have the five pin but I took two of them out.

J

Quick Reply: Trophy Ridge Matrix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.